• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 ICE INSTALL

Hello i've just bought a DC5 and i'm looking to put a wee ICE install. Problem is, there's no parcel shelf! Without this people will be able to see into the boot and consider stealing the my very expensive MTX amp and kicker sub. Has anyone made a custom built MDF parcel shelf or does anyone know where to get a OEM parcel shelf? it would be very usefull if you guys cold post up some pics of your parcel shelf so i can get an idea of how difficult it will be to make one from MDF. Cheers guys!

Try www.japanparts.com for an OEM shelf. It's a plastic frame with mesh in the middle, spigots and suspending straps that fit it to the tailgate. Not impossible to make but not a 5-minute job either. Personally I'd buy one rather than try to make one.

Speakers - tweeter holes in the top of the dash, room for 6" bass/mids in the front doors, or 6.5" at a push. Rears are smaller AFAIK but I don't have any fitted so can't be sure.

HTH?

i was thinking of making some sort or stretchable sheet that would cover the parcel shelf area should be easy to make as the material is like elastic. as for rear speakers i'm thinking of fitting some 4inch speakers as part of a 3 way set up, fronts 6.5inch, rear, 4inch, and tweeters.

Back