• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dc5 inlet manifold

Hiya guys, have any one of you tried a dc5 inlet manifold on your Uk spec ep3? And will there be any problems running it without a map? Thanks for helping guys

Running the inlet alone will be fine on a OEM map.

Start adding manifolds, induction kits and the like and you will start to maybe run a little lean due to the increased air flow.

Add all of these things together with a Kpro or K100, a good tuner and you will be knocking on the door of close to 250bhp.

Running the inlet alone will be fine on a OEM map.

Start adding manifolds, induction kits and the like and you will start to maybe run a little lean due to the increased air flow.

Add all of these things together with a Kpro or K100, a good tuner and you will be knocking on the door of close to 250bhp.

Thanks buddy, initally I was gonna get the dc5 inlet done with a hondata oem mod to my oem airbox, u think it's ok to run it like this or I should really get a map done because I am doin the airbox mod aswell ?

youll get the most out of it with a map, but you dont really NEED one, it will still run safe!

are you gonna be putting more mods on after the inlet manifold? if so, get your map done when all mods are on... will save you time and money!

also, try get hold of an RBC, much better gains than the JDM...or you can get an extra chamber that bolts onto the bottom of the JDM inlet manifold! that gives very similar gains to the RBC, plus, you wont need to mess about with inlet pipes, as the RBC changes the angle of the throttle body.

Back