• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 lights question

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
As many know I'm buying Humrans car next month. Problem is that next year I may well be posted to Germany, and if I am then I will have to make all lights comply to German law. This means that the front lights will have to direct the beam towards the other side of the road.

From a previous thread I understand that my best bet of getting some LHD front lights is to get some from an RSX owner which I'm happy with. Unless someone knows somewhere else I can get them from?

Second question is to do with the rears. In Germany the fog light must be on the LHS. Below is a pic of the rear of a teg:

43d1505b69518.jpg

The current set up on the car is that the reverse in on the LHS white part of the cluster, and the fog on the same part but the RHS. How easy would it be to swap the cableing and bulbs around for when the time arises?

Thanks.

Not sure in answer to your question Chris, but it would probably be easier to buy an external fog light and mount it down the bottom of the car and have it on a seperate switch?

Dynax said:
Not sure in answer to your question Chris, but it would probably be easier to buy an external fog light and mount it down the bottom of the car and have it on a seperate switch?

No because that would look gay.

MilanoChris said:
Dynax said:

No because that would look gay.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have mine cut into the bumper :( but wouldn't have thought it qwould be too hard to rewire your set up :?

Just run the cable from one side to the other surely?

one quick question.

If the car is on English plates why does it have to confirm to german rules?

Your CTR, is that not a UK car? how is the DC5 any different?

Andy

andyd said:
one quick question.

Andy

IIRC he has to do the same with his CTR... i know he swaps his headlight over.... iirc...

2 lengths of 2ft long bit of wire and 4 spade clips Simply swap the bulbs and feeds over, run the wire inside the boot sealing rubber... should take all of 5mins 8)

Neily03 said:
andyd said:
one quick question.

Andy

IIRC he has to do the same with his CTR... i know he swaps his headlight over.... iirc...

Indeed.

Back