• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dc5 manifold on ep3

Hi guys just generally looking on eBay for parts come across a dc5 manifold and cat and says it can go on a ep3....is it any better? and does it matter what year dc5 it comes off to go on a ep3?

Never knew you could do this and always been put off getting a sports manifold with no cat

The dc5 mani is a bit better than the EP3. The nice thing is the 2-1 is interchangeable with the likes of Spoon so you can decat and replace for MOT's

I got the spoon 4-2 and dc5 2-1/cat. Good setup. I heard you needed the jdm arb so I got one to be safe. Good setup and noticed the difference compared to UK spec fanimold

I got away with the UKDM ARB when I put my DC5 manifold on. I did put the engine mount inserts in to reduce the throw of the engine at the same time though.

Sensors wise, it's fine. Acceps the UKDM lambda. No remap technically required, although to get the best out of it, a remap is recommended.

Before fitting, be sure to grind off the casting lumps which restrict the airflow. These are found in each 'port' where it bolts to the cylinder head. DIY dremel job.

Cheers lads was thinking of japspeed 4-1 and standard cat to start with but a few people on here reckon it's s#@t

AFAIK you can't attach an OEM CAT to a japspeed manifold. The OEM cat is captive to the manifold as I recall.

Nothing wrong with the japspeed manifold, for the price you can't really beat it. I had one, no complaints from me... other than they're too loud with an unsilenced b-pipe and OEM backbox.

I've just got a DC5 manifold too, is it worth heat wrapping it?

Or can I use the EP3 heat shield? Or do I need a DC5 heat shield?

I did post a thread asking but no reply.

I'm going to grind the bits out that Hazz said (thanks for the info) clean it up, then get it fitted along with other parts I want, the same time as a remap.

You can get a Japspeed 4-2 with sports cat too but I heard from a good source that the Japspeed 4-1 or 4-2 sometimes make less power than standard.

The Japspeed race one is good for the price though.

I've just got a DC5 manifold too, is it worth heat wrapping it?

Or can I use the EP3 heat shield? Or do I need a DC5 heat shield?

I did post a thread asking but no reply.

I'm going to grind the bits out that Hazz said (thanks for the info) clean it up, then get it fitted along with other parts I want, the same time as a remap.

You can get a Japspeed 4-2 with sports cat too but I heard from a good source that the Japspeed 4-1 or 4-2 sometimes make less power than standard.

The Japspeed race one is good for the price though.
I hearded the same about the japspeed one hence the dc5 route I'm sure I found a awnser to the heat shield and its ok with no shield but I would personally want it I think or rap it

Yeah I would rather some kind of heat shield.

Regards to wrapping I can see the logic the wrap keeps heat in the exhaust giving better flow and reducing engine bay temps but I've heard they are better on turbo applications and not so good on n/a's plus they damage/reduce the lifespan of the manifold.

So taking that into account I'm not sure whether or not to wrap it.

Back