• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dc5 manifold

Been trying to dig as much info up on these as pos but doesnt seem to be much out there i see from searching that alot of people have had them but not much info

Now ive been told that

Its better than stock ep3 manifold as its 4-2-1
No need for a kpro as the cat is the same as ep3
ability to change 2-1 for a decat if i wish (would then need kpro though)
Need a jdm arb

Basically question is, is all the above correct? as hopefully going to pick one up and plan to fit it with a legallis r (collecting next week), and then when funds alow in future swap out the 2-1 section for a decat and kpro at same time as decat

Sounds about right from what I've read.

I think the cat and mani are freer flowing than the EP3 one though. Not a massive difference mind. :lol:

this is the setup i have went for, dc5 mani and legalis r with jdm arb as when i eventualy get a k100 i will be replacing the cat with a spoon 2-1 decat.

lol how wierd so its a recomended set up then? see i have recently put on my rsr back box teamed up with a custom silenced (big silencer lol) b pipe but tbh the mrs isnt keen on the noise now so found a legallis r that ill pick up next week and plan to fit that along with the dc5 manifold so have reasonable gains but a nice subtle looking exhaust and subtle sound

Sounds about right from what I've read.

I think the cat and mani are freer flowing than the EP3 one though. Not a massive difference mind. :lol:

Yeah not expecting a massvie difference until i get the decat section but wont be doing that untill i get a kpro/k100 as dont want to run the risk of running lean etc

The DC5 4-2 section has a wider bore than the EP3, so you will get increased flow of the exhaust gases.

I dont know about the flow rates of the DC5 CAT compared to the EP3 but you have no choice with this so it makes no difference.

I used a DC5 4-2, Spoon 2-1 decat, and a Spoon B pipe all with the OEM back box.

I had this mapped on a K100 with a Gruppe 'M and it made good strong power, 217bhp. I later swapped this set up for a TODA race header and a RM01A, this made 240bhp on the rollers.

The DC5 4-2 is better than the UKM EP3, but not that much better, nothing like the sort fo power a proper aftermarket header would give.

If you insist of having a 4-2 2-1 set up, so that you can swap come MPT time, maybe look at the Spoon 4-2, this is better than the DC5 4-2, but again the full race systems are better.

Yes get a JDM ARB and you can change the 2-1 section no problem come MOT time.

I was considering the above aswell as the DC5 would leave it handy to change for MOT, although ive been looking into the Piper manifold and sports cat, any views on this or anybody fitted one?

hmm thanks for the info guys suprised at the differences between a race header as thought a dc5 4-2 and a decat would be closer but suppose thats the price you pay to keep it easy for mot time.. may change in the future though depending on what i decide to do with the car but for £150 guessing its still a good mod for the money along with a gruppe m and legallis r

also im guessing the sensors unbolt from my cat and bolt into the new one with no hassels of engine light etc

this is the setup i have went for, dc5 mani and legalis r with jdm arb as when i eventualy get a k100 i will be replacing the cat with a spoon 2-1 decat.

have you noticed much of a difference between the stock ep3 set up and dc5 manifold?

i should be getting mine all fitted in few weeks and then will get the car dynoed to see the dfference between stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Back