• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dc5 nsf banging

this has become increasingly noticeable since the crappy weather arrived, but has existed since getting my teg in april.
if i pull away aggressively, the nsf will be the first to lose traction. it will then start to tramp up and down sending a loud banging (and i mean banging) thru the nsf area and dashboard. i removed the engine damper, thinking that was transferring excess noise, but no different. there is no noise over bumps and handling is still great.

it has a titaniun strut brace, but standard suspension/spring, wheel and tyre.
if i am aggressive yet turning a little to the right, the osf can spin, but spins evenly without jumping up and down.
i had to make a spirited start recently to get a gap in the traffic, nsf started tramping, but i kept my foot down, changed to second and lost traction again on the nsf and again the banging noise.

i have had it on the ramp and can find no play in the damper or top mount. the tyre is a good bridgestone potenza.
i think i have a weak damper, does this sound like it to you guys?:confused:

Could be the front engine mount, or to me it sounds like it could just be normal wheel hop?

I've heard off a few people that Type R's always feels like its jumping when you wheel spin or shuddering, mine does the same i think its just normal:rolleyes:

But i could be wrong

i had it up on the ramp again today, big bar under the wheel on the ns and os, identical up/down action.
if this is normal then bollx to doing the quarter mile, they would laugh their ass off as i try to get traction:getcoat:
looks like coilovers ftw.:D (in about 6 months!)
wheel bearings are ok. engine mount? hmmmm.....

front engine mount, very very common prob bout £100 fix

fit ESMM inserts too while your at it

thanks DC5TU, will get on it in the new year.
i will do the insert upgrade at the same time, silly not to really:D

Back