• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 owner age

Pretty random but just out of curiosity how old were you when you got your first DC5?
I would love to have one but dread to even look at insurance quotes, i'm 21 n have had an 04 EP3 for just under a year.
Think its gonna be a case of having to wait a few years unfortunately :(
just thought it would be interesting to see!

Out of interest and on a similar note, how does EP3 insurance compare to DC5? Massive increase expected?

Out of interest and on a similar note, how does EP3 insurance compare to DC5? Massive increase expected?

Depends on your driving history. It's not too bad as long as you're not a noob who has crashed/claimed etc.

Depends on your driving history. It's not too bad as long as you're not a noob who has crashed/claimed etc.

I'm paying £800 odd on the EP3 atm, sh!t area FTL :( No claims as yet so hopefull that premium will decrease next year (fingers crossed) DC5 purchase could see it stay the same maybe. Your thread makes me want a DC5 moar :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
You got got your first in 06.

As I was selling mine late 2006 early 2007 and you were interested.

I got my first in feb/march 06 and I was 21

Yeah it was early 06 thinking back as I was in Iraq in 06 and it was garaged at my mums.

Here's a pic shortly before I sold it, this was taken outside of Watford police station as my now ex was paying a number plate fine.

DSC02145.jpg

You got got your first in 06.

As I was selling mine late 2006 early 2007 and you were interested.

I got my first in feb/march 06 and I was 21

I remember. Didn't you go to one of those crap meets in southport once?

I don't have one yet (buying this year), but I was getting quotes of around £700 - 24 years old.

Back