• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Pedals - Full How to kicking about anywhere? 100 Internet points to the finder!

As title really, but a full set of pedals from a nice forum member but didn't want to start pulling bits off the car willy nilly. I've got the full 3 pedals, not just the covers.

Cheers :)

I don't think there is a how to on these mate.

But to be honest fitting the accelerator arm is not a problem but the brake & clutch are a lot more difficult.

You would be better drilling the rivets out of those 2 and then riveting them to your pedals on the ctr.

The accelerator pedal comes off very easily, you just need to remove a couple of plastic covers that are in the way to get at the bolt that holds it on then just un hook the accelerator cable.

Dah but that would mean buying a rivet gun and rivets... :D Cheers for the pointers though, I'll keep on the lookout.

Was N3LY B not able to advise regarding fitting matey?

Failing that, I'll take them off you... if your experiencing fitting problems :p :p :p :p :) :lol:

ahh well erm let me see, i swapped out the whole unit but its not the easiest thing to describe

as hov said accel pedal is easy - 2 bolts and unclip the cable
foot rest just pry up the old one press down the new one

the brake and clutch need alot more faffing, the brake iirc has 4 bolts into the bulkhead/firewall and 1 bolt pointing straight up at the top of the pedal into the dash but before that the pin and r-clip will need removing from the centre of he arm

the clutch is pretty much the same as the brake but with less bolts and in a more awkward position

removing the seat can be helpfull as it allows you to lie down to see up under the dash and also the trim panels under the seering wheel should be removed to gain access to the bolts via a very long socket extention

as i said a lot of faffing but rewarding in the end and abit easier to understand what i said once yu actually get in there

alternativly drill out the rivets :p

Nice one Neil, I'll look forward to blowing my hangover away by removing my driver's seat and having a little kip in the foot well of my car over the weekend :D

TypeRiter, see how I get on hehe. Keep an eye on this thread come Sunday night, if there's pictures of scraped knuckles and an unhappy looking foot well then you might well be game on!

Nice one Neil, I'll look forward to blowing my hangover away by removing my driver's seat and having a little kip in the foot well of my car over the weekend :D

TypeRiter, see how I get on hehe. Keep an eye on this thread come Sunday night, if there's pictures of scraped knuckles and an unhappy looking foot well then you might well be game on!

Good luck with it scruff, but if it does prove a stumbling block, I'd be interested in having these off you :)

Yep, you guys were right. What a pain in the arse of a job. Accelerator and brake pedal isn't too much of a bother, but that clutch pedal was put there by Satan himself. Gave up in the end, drilled out the rivets on the DC5 pedal and I've managed to drill one hole but my drill is too big for the top two. Nuts to it.

i have a solution for that

Araldite it on, then no need to struggle getting a drill in to get a hole in :D

That's my plan! :D

Going to get a couple of rivets and cut them down to size them pop them in the pedal to keep it looking authentic. The only way I can see of getting to those bolts is by removing the fuse box and loom, no chance lol.

Back