• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Pedals

I recently bought some DC5 pedals for my EP3, I have fitted the accelerator, which was easy enough but I understand the others are a damn sight more tricky! After fitting the accelerator I had to adjust the throttle cable, will there be similar adjustments need on the other pedals? Has anyone done this mod who can advise on the best way to attack the remaining two? I say two as the guy who sold me 'the full pedal set' didnt include a footrest! cnut! Thanks in advance. ;)

The footrest isnt included in the set, they are bought seperately if you are buying them new.

The brake and clutch pedal are either glued or riveted on. Personally I took they extra time and riveted them making them more secure.

Cheers! So I would be better off not replacing the whole pedal assembly, just drilling out the rivets and glueing / riveting the metal plates on top of the existing rubber ones?

Have you been sent the whole pedal assy then? Im not sure how the assys actually comes off. If you do rivet them on yourself the rubber part has to come off.

Yes indeed, I have the complete pedals, Having looked around the forum it seems that to swop them over is a pig, removing the actual alloy bits and fixing to the existing pedals is the way forward. I just want to be sure that before I butcher the new ones, they will sit nicely on top of the old!

The full pedal assembly is harder to fit than the actual alloy pedals - it's not difficult, just a damn site harder than drilling and riveting.

I drilled and riveted - the finish is OEM this way - I still would have preferred complete assemblies though. Don't know why; just do.

I think I will be going down the drilling out route then, otherwise its never going to get done! Glad to know that the new ones fill fit nicely onto the top of the old, I doubt I will be able to get them rivited on, but araldite should do the job! :lol:

Back