• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 Suspension upgrade

Hi,
I'm looking to replace my suspension on my 05 ITR DC5. I'm looking for something good on a B road but also on track, the holy grail I know.

Just wondering what people have used and would recommend?
Thanks in advance.

I recently mounted the Bilstein B14 (fixed rate dampers) kit on my EP3 and it really did transform the car. So much more body control and yet soaks bumps like a boss. Even more comfortable I dare say. I believe the DC5 will use the same or very similar kit.

I recently mounted the Bilstein B14 (fixed rate dampers) kit on my EP3 and it really did transform the car. So much more body control and yet soaks bumps like a boss. Even more comfortable I dare say. I believe the DC5 will use the same or very similar kit.

It's the EP3 kit that is fitted on a DC5, but you need some cheap EP3 parts to make it fit.

I'd get B16, they can be had for around £1200 or so, then get some Hardrace rear camber arms, front camber bolts. I believe it's the EP3 track rod ends you need, a quick Google should advise. You'd have a fair amount of change out of £2000 to put toward pads, tyres etc. If not the B16 then perhaps look at Nitron but you won't get much, if any, change out of £2k.

I'd get B16, they can be had for around £1200 or so, then get some Hardrace rear camber arms, front camber bolts. I believe it's the EP3 track rod ends you need, a quick Google should advise. You'd have a fair amount of change out of £2000 to put toward pads, tyres etc. If not the B16 then perhaps look at Nitron but you won't get much, if any, change out of £2k.

What is the particular benefit of the rear camber arms on the DC5, is it lacking camber at the rear??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back