• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

which of the two cars above is the better, i mean perfomance, handling and value for money wise?

cheers Rob

Probably DC2, although the DC5 will probably be quicker in a straight line. Not having been in either i can't say 100% but if i had the choice it'd be a black DC2. 8)

i thought the dc2 would be the better handling of the two as i have heard it said that it's the best handling front wheel drive around. Also i think the value for money would be with the dc2 as you can pick them up for nearly half the price.

from a passengering side, the dc2 is far more fun. my friend's dc5 just didn't give me a buzz in any kind of way.

driving, i'd take the dc2 every day of the year

The only real downside of the DC2 is the looks, it looks very dated now, especially parked up next to a DC5.

The DC2 did get voted Evo's best handling FWD car, but remember the DC5 isn't a UK car so wasn't considered.

Also you have all the usual benefits that the DC5 is a newer car.

value for money? well the cheaper u go the more value so the much OLDER DC2s are better value for money :rolleyes::rolleyes:

as for what's best, each in their own way are special.one's older but more connected, one's newer and fresher but smoother

Never driven either of them, but I prefer the DC5 personally. It's also more exclusive as they are all imports whereas the DC2 was sold here.

Does anyone know if there's any difference between a JDM DC2 and a UK DC2?

I've never driven a DC2, but I imagine that if you want a more driver focussed car then the DC2 is the right choice. If you want a driver's car that's reasonably comfortable and has fresher looks then the DC5 would be the choice.

I think insurance would also play a factor.

The JDM has much better looking headlights. :cool: I'm sure there are other, more important, differences than that but I don't know what they are. :oops:

Sorry I meant performance-wise. I prefer the jdm headlights too. I know in 98? They made some changes on the JDM version, such as bigger alloys, gearing etc... but was there any difference in performance between the UK and JDM versions of the same years?

Cheers for that was told that the push button start was on the c pack but seems i was wrong. i take it that was an option then.

Yeah it's an option mate. Mine is the C Pack and I'm quite happy with starting my car with my keys :lol:

using the key isn't a problem. its just like i said i was wrongly told it was part of the c pack and i didn't want to be buying something that wasn't what it was supposed to be. As i have my eye on a championship white one with c pack and 33,500 miles for a bout £12,500. that seem a fair price?

Back