• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs ep3 type r

ty

hi all currently own a civic type r 54 reg facelift model which is up for sale and have been looking at getting a dc5 for a while now as need something with a boot. i have looked everywere for specs but all seem to be different is the dc5 type r quicker than a ep3 type r stock? also is there only one type of dc5 any special editions? cheers

Yes it is quicker due to slightly more BHP and the LSD, however it's marginal on the road.

The only special edition that you get is the C Pack which includes privacy glass and some other bits. Make the change, you won't regret it. I chopped in my EP3 for a DC5 in 2006 and I still have it, superb car.

As with a few people on here I have had both EP3 and DC5. Make the change you wont regret it. I personally think that it feels much nicer to drive. I love it. Have thought about chaging but there is nothing that I want apart from some BOOST but I am buying a house soon so the DC5 will be staying for a while yet, and that isn't a bad thing.

I made the transition from EP3 to DC5 also. Very little in it when it comes to noticeable real life differences. DC5 has about 20 extra BHP and also weighs 10kg less in standard guise, which would indicate it will be quicker than the EP3.

The most noticeable difference is the inclusion of a LSD and Hydraulic steering on the DC5. The hydraulic steering makes the drive in the DC5 feel a lot more natural whereas the EP3 can feel a bit artificial and light. The OEM LSD on the DC5 is by no means the best LSD out there, but it certainly gives you more confidence in the corners compared to the EP3.

The boot in the DC5 is massive compared to the EP3 too. You just need to make sure that any passengers in the rear are below about 5"8' as being a coupe, the roof slopes down quite aggressively.

Yes.

Due to the DC5 being a import only model its classed as insurance group 20.

The EP3 is insurance group 17.

Plus, there aren't many companies that will insure a DC5 when compared to an EP3 so there's less competition for a better price. It's still reasonable to insure IMO.

yeah tried confused .com and rang a couple of companies out of interest and nobody would give me a quote i'm starting to fancy getting one and building a proper high reving motor!

Back