• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC5 won't turn on, not even crank

Hi guys my car DC5 has not been turned on for about 2 months ago. Just had a brand new battery fitted and had RAC come round to try sort out the problem. The guy said that the immobilser has completely shut down the fuel pump and ignition. Is there any advice or help people can share with me? Thank you.

If it's pre-facelift it will be an aftermarket immobilizer if that's any help? i.e. non-standard across DC5s and more than likely specific to your car.

If it's pre-facelift it will be an aftermarket immobilizer if that's any help? i.e. non-standard across DC5s and more than likely specific to your car.

big problem the aftermarket immobilizer is in Japanese. I have no clue what the remote says

Hopefully there's a serial number or something you can google, otherwise maybe take a picture of the remote and reverse google image search for what the characters mean?

Or find your local Japanese restaurant and ask them to translate...

Hopefully there's a serial number or something you can google, otherwise maybe take a picture of the remote and reverse google image search for what the characters mean?

Or find your local Japanese restaurant and ask them to translate...

Can the immobiliser be reset? Or will I have to call a professional?

I have absolutely no idea - I know next to nothing about aftermarket immobilisers.

You could check if theres a valet switch somewhere in the cockpit which might give you a temporary work around?

Back