• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

De cat or sports cat

Hello I'm just wondering what would be better to get a de cat or sports cat p.s I don't care about price or MOT failing lol

Thanks

Ok thanks would I lose power as I haven't got it remapped on the de cat :) or would it be worth getting a race manifold I just want more power haha

no you would gain, the standard exhaust is very restrictive with the cat , middle section with resonator and back box , im up grading mine at the weekend , magnaflow back box and b pipe and the decat insertion then when your mot comes you just pop you cat back in very easy :), full systems are good with manifold but can be a bit pricey for a decent one :)

Only bad thing with decat is your engine management light will come on, bit you can by am o2 sensors insert there about 30 quid keeps your light of by tricking your ecu into thinking the sensor is plugged in

Ok Ive change my b-pipe with no res but still got standard back box but I don't want to waste my time with putting the de cat on and then it won't run right but I guess that's the chance you take and let me know how urs go at the weekend.

Only bad thing with decat is your engine management light will come on, bit you can by am o2 sensors insert there about 30 quid keeps your light of by tricking your ecu into thinking the sensor is plugged in

Yeah and a complete waste of time that is.

De-catting these cars without mapping is pointless and you'll more than likely lose power.

I read somewhere that sports cats dont last very long that why piper only do a 6 month warranty on them ( some please correct me if im wrong!).

Ok Ive change my b-pipe with no res but still got standard back box but I don't want to waste my time with putting the de cat on and then it won't run right but I guess that's the chance you take and let me know how urs go at the weekend.

Yours.
Not 'urs'.
Please avoid text typing.

Back