• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 De-Cat

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a De-cat section avalible for the FN2? or maybe a Fast-Flow cat? I've got the Miltek cat back exhaust on it at the moment.... but i really want to get rid of the cat as well... :lol:

Thanks

There is and I have it fitted.
Quality was poor though and had to remove it and get the nuts re-tapped as they had distorted during welding and I couldn't get the lambda sensors back in without breaking them.

Doesn't make power with a standard ECU but works well with the Hondata ECU.;)

Will post up some more graphs later when we get it back on the dyno in the TDi North traders section.:cool:

There is and I have it fitted.
Quality was poor though and had to remove it and get the nuts re-tapped as they had distorted during welding and I couldn't get the lambda sensors back in without breaking them.

Doesn't make power with a standard ECU but works well with the Hondata ECU.;)

Will post up some more graphs later when we get it back on the dyno in the TDi North traders section.:cool:

Gotta agree TP, comes into its own with the Grp N chip. decat on its own, no really noticeable gains.

Thanks everyone... but can you give me a link to it, if it has a website. thanks :D

Oh and does the check engine light come on if its on the standard ECU? :confused:

Yes!
Also don't bother unless you have the reflashed ECU or you will actually LOOSE power....well they did on the EP3's.

No ECU light with mine. Did you not get the O2 sim too?

[video=youtube;TJUGk7HgpsQ]old link autoupdated[/video]

There's the sound of mine.

FOR SALE! Decat pipe only on car 1 day!:lol:

It's **** fact!
Smoothed out torque curve at dip after Vtec changeover then lost power right across rev range.

I couldn't beleive it as it felt so much better midrange.

Bearing in mind my car made 230bhp 2 days ago with Hondata Re-flash, AEM and HKS exhaust today it made 218bhp and lost 10ft/lb torque!!!

I removed the ECU and popped the std one back in and suprise suprise that also maxed out at 218bhp!

Problem is the decat is actually restrictive. It narrows down so the pipe is about 1/2 the area than it is at the top and its this restriction at high revs thats now strangling the car.

So in summary, poor quality with welding, poor design for airflow and quite expensive considering!

Am actually going to see if I can get it re-made with a bigger diameter tube welded in as it was working well upto 6000rpm.

It's **** fact!
Smoothed out torque curve at dip after Vtec changeover then lost power right across rev range.

Bearing in mind my car made 230bhp 2 days ago with Hondata Re-flash, AEM and HKS exhaust today it made 218bhp and lost 10ft/lb torque!!!

I removed the ECU and popped the std one back in and suprise suprise that also maxed out at 218bhp!

Problem is the decat is actually restrictive. It narrows down so the pipe is about 1/2 the area than it is at the top and its this restriction at high revs thats now strangling the car.

So in summary, poor quality with welding, poor design for airflow and quite expensive considering!

Am actually going to see if I can get it re-made with a bigger diameter tube welded in as it was working well upto 6000rpm.

As I said on the other site - You seem to have the only problem. Maybe its not compatible with the HKS, with the Milltek it seems fine. Just my thoughts.

haha really confused bout weather i should get it or not now.... :p

So it worked fine with the Miltek.... but did you have the standard ECU?

It's **** fact!

So did you buy this de-cat pipe off abp? Sound like they haven't changed then. How can they sell an item that loses power??

Im considering a milltek system but really really dont wanna buy off abp as everything i've bought off them in the past has been rubbish and more hassle than its worth

To confirm.

I brought it from ABP. It's the Bastuck one.
I only got it after hearing of good gains and its only being used while I'm waiting for a full race manifold.

I took it back to Tdi where we were testing all the mods on the dyno and results are in their traders section. They advised against getting a decat as they dont work unless mapped to the car.

De-cats don't work with standard ecu's as there is no fuelling adjustments and as I have the Hondata Re-flash which is mapped for manifold was worth a try.

I fitted it then had to remove it again as the nuts that hold the lamda sensors had been distorted during welding and I couldnt re-fit the sensors.

It went to a machine shop round the corner where they opened up the holes again.

The design of this one I have is the same diameter as the downpipe about 1/2 way down then there is a reducing cone going to the bend for the connection to the exhaust where it is a smaller diameter.

Am going to remove the pipe and see if I can cut out the reduced section and re-fit a larger dia. tube.
Maybe there is a lip inside or even the sensors are obstructing the airflow as they are in the narrow section??

Midrange gains were really good and smoothed out the dip after vtec changeover but due to restrictions it was choking airflow at high rpm.

Can't see it being the HKS as it was working really well with the cat in and only change was fitting the decat.

Will be binned anyway as soon as a proper manifold turns up. Was just a stop-gap.

Back