• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

de-cat

noticed that a lot of you have a decat instead or a high flow cat how do you all get away with emissions when it comes to the mot cheers:D

A local enthusiast type tester, who knows the car is well maintained, and that I'm not just some street racing McDonalds car park dweller, sticks the probe into a handily running Vectra at the right time.

Full test is done, it's not a shoddy job mind.

Introduced by word of mouth.

My mate does it for me. Am the same as loxy though am not a street racer type but you might catch me in mcdonalds alot but only for the double cheese burgers haha.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against McDonalds by the way. :lol:

not sure there is any friendly mot testers round here...will happily fail you on the smallest thing :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

does any other company do a manifold with a sport cat other than piper

The thing to do is get a full race manifold with decat then get a 400cel sport cat fitted in a removable section in the b-pipe at the manifold end.

That way you can take the cat out "when on track" and put it back in for the MOT.

Best of both worlds then.

Some people leave the cat inline all the time and are happy with that.

You would still need it remapping like the Piper option.

would you have to remap it with or without the cat then......

i surpose thats when you decide weather you get a k100 or kpro?

who could carry out that cat work?

p.s appreciate the advice;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye Kpro you could have two maps and swap them over.

If you run without the cat for a majority of the time it would be fine to still use that map for the MOT with the cat in place.

I wouldn't want to run a car for long on a map for the cat inline without the cat in place. The track comment was tongue in cheek, you wouldn't want to be caning it about really.

A custom exhaust place like powerflow will do the exhaust work for you, get the cat of your choice and take it down to them and tell them what you want, try to get a recommendation from someone though as some are good some aren't quite as good. The powerflow dealer I've used in slough is really good had a couple of bit done by him. Powerflow stuff comes with somthing like a lifetime gaurantee Aswell.

The thing to do is get a full race manifold with decat then get a 400cel sport cat fitted in a removable section in the b-pipe at the manifold end.

That way you can take the cat out "when on track" and put it back in for the MOT.

Best of both worlds then.

Some people leave the cat inline all the time and are happy with that.

You would still need it remapping like the Piper option.

Which part do you mean about the removable section in the b-pipe?

Which part do you mean about the removable section in the b-pipe?

They usually take out the first silencer on the b-pipe, weld flanges onto either end and put a cat in the gap that is left.

When you don't need the cat, you have the option of the original silencer, with welded flanges on the ends to match, or a straight through section.

Really quite a neat solution.

I see, interesting, would be good for someone who has this on their car with pictures.

I was actually thinking about putting a DC5 OEM manifold on my car as im led to believe that it wouldnt be too restrictive to my current set up and only lose a few torques and bhp

Back