• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dead battery

Hi Guys,

My battery has gone dead through my stupidity and after locking my Civic Type r with the immobiliser, will the alarm go off if I use the key to unlock the car to get to the bonnet release? I have no idea what kind of system is in the Type R's......

If the battery is completely flat the alarm wont go off. Even if it does just turn it off with the key fob.

Ok cheers. The key fob dosnt even work so I guess its totally dead. I just didnt want the alarm to go off and then I have to fight my way past the snow to get the hood up to disconnect the battery.

Ok cheers. The key fob dosnt even work so I guess its totally dead. I just didnt want the alarm to go off and then I have to fight my way past the snow to get the hood up to disconnect the battery.

i remember when the battery in my alarm fob ran out (the civic) i was parked in a really busy car park i had to open the door (setting the alarm off) to open the bonnet then fiddle around for a what seemed like a year to take the fuse out of the alarm which i had previously tapped up good and proper becasue the case wouldnt shut properly.....how embarrasing

you need a pair of boobs.....i managed to get a free battery when my teg battery died :D

Back