• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Decat + B pipe and standard back box

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread or link that helps with the title setup.

ive done it to other model honda's and it sounds ok, I just want to keep exhaust noise down but don't know what affect this will have on an EP just because of the high revving engine.

so has anyone done this? What's it sound like?

Cheers

Steve

A decat will put on the eml light unless you fit an o2 spacer pointless decatting unless you remap it as it will overfuel and possibly lose power, but with a decat and say a sportex unsilenced bpipe it will be quite loud and raspy... not my cup of tea but I know some people like that kind of thing :)

Induction and a nice catback exhaust is a good place to start, will free up the engine and sound lovely :)

I've been busy doing the Hondata air box mod today, actually sounds a little meatier and really pleased with it.

yes its a good free mod.... I have an ebay special short ram cone filter on mine... sounds lovely on the vtec crossover much louder than standard... fancy a hks exhaust for mine not too loud and should free up a couple of ponies :)

Quick vid of the noise

yes its a good free mod.... I have an ebay special short ram cone filter on mine... sounds lovely on the vtec crossover much louder than standard... fancy a hks exhaust for mine not too loud and should free up a couple of ponies :)

Quick vid of the noise

Hi, was just reading your post. Just to say can highly recommend the HKS cat back, fitted mine a few weeks back and am absolutely delighted with it. Thought it would be loud but it's perfect. Coming into vtec does seem to stay up in the higher rev range a bit easier, certainly feels a wee bit quicker, good luck.

I'm set on a HKS back box too. Cheers guys.

I've read a lot about head soak so I'm staying away from filters until I come across a tegiwa or gruppe M.

Exhaust is next for sure.

I'm set on a HKS back box too. Cheers guys.

I've read a lot about head soak so I'm staying away from filters until I come across a tegiwa or gruppe M.

Exhaust is next for sure.

Have not noticed any loss of power with this filter... and even if it is doing its only £35 lost... it sounds great... copy of k&n typhoon I believe and coupled to a hks will sound awesome but hks wont fit oem you will need the b pipe also... tegiwa and gruppe m are excellent but stupid money for an air filter imho !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I must admit that the filter is mainly for noise as I have no intention of mapping the car at the moment.

Found the the hks and B pipe in America shipped for £350 which ain't too bad.

How's that. Pain in the you know what trying to put pics up, am slowly getting the hang of it though. The standard airbox mod is a pretty good free upgrade, well apart from time spent of course!!. It's all about your budget as well I guess. Did have the k&n pipe type on for a while, but tbh it was just the noise when coming into vtec that was the difference. Going to stick to just standard airbox mod, as unless it's a race car or you're going the whole hog on decat manifold remains etc etc then not that much difference in my opinion, cheers.

Yeah I must admit that the filter is mainly for noise as I have no intention of mapping the car at the moment.

Found the the hks and B pipe in America shipped for £350 which ain't too bad.
Try euro car parts for the HKS, you'll be surprised!, let us know, cheers.

Looks good mate.... get a video up of it... really fancy a hks !
Thanks. Lol just got used to putting pics on here, videos would be a whole new ball game for me!, will look into it at some point. I like the angle of the pipe coming out the back, didn't think I would but I do. Also looks big and noisy, but really not that loud at all, well with the bung in anyway's :).

Back