• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Decat - Extra noise?

Just a quick question really. Currently have the OEM backback and unsilenced Sportex B-pipe on my EP3 and it makes a nice but subtle raspy noise. More importantly, its very track legal for noise limits. I am looking at getting the Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold which would decat the car. Does decatting make the car it much noiser and is it a lot or just a little? Would I have issues at track days with noise limits?

Thanks in advance.

It will be noisier yes. Depends on the rest of your set up but You will be under track limits with oem back box. You will need to sort out your Engine management light too.

It will be noisier yes. Depends on the rest of your set up but You will be under track limits with oem back box. You will need to sort out your Engine management light too.

Thank you. The only other engine mod is an ITG Induction. I would only get the manifold with a remap so that will sort the EML light out.

I run ITG with a 421 plus oem backbox & it's whisper quiet compared to chav corsa's with a baked bean tin on the back.

Back