• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Decent "Fast-Road" tyres...? And size?

Right, firstly, I have done a search! :asw:

I'm looking at ditching the Bridgestone/Kumho set up that came on my EP3 as I just don't like them!

I want something that's decent for both road and track as i'm off to the 'ring at the beginning of next month and may do a few track days but I don't have pockets deep enough for two sets of tyres.

I've had AD08's on my S2000 and they were awesome but I can't stretch to them this time.

I was thinking about Parada Spec 2's as the mrs has them on her Fez ST & I like them on that but I wanted to know what people's thoughts were about them on EP3s?!

I'm open to all suggestions if you guys suggest something else?

Also, sizes. 205/45 or 215/40?

All opinons are welcome!

Ta :eek:

I had two sets of Prada Spec 2's on my EP3, all 215/40/17 and loved them, although I will agree that in the wet they're not the best.

I'd have no gripes in getting those again. Shame they don't do them in S2000 sizes otherwise I'd have those over my current 452's.

Although saying that the current batch of 452's on my S2000 are lasting a lot longer than the last set of rears.

I was going to say AD08s, but have seen they are out of your budget. Have you checked out this site: www.tyre-shopper.co.uk I got a set of 4 fitted for £312, admittedly they were only 15's, but they were much cheaper than anywhere I'd found!

Cheers team.Thinking I may go with the Toyo option, reviews seem good & they're a nice looking tyre! Lol.215 40 17?

You're wise to get rid of the Kumho's. They were awful on my EP3. I've currently got PS2's on my DC5 and I can't fault them. I don't drive like a throbber in the wet, so the questionable performance or lack thereof in those conditions doesn't concern me.

I might go for 452's next time though as I fancy a change.

I've got a set of FALKEN ZE 912 on my DC5 and really have no complaints at all,I had the T1R's on my Evo and don't think they are as good as these Fulken's I'm running now and at around £300 fitted it's worth looking in to.I read so many reviews and glad I went with the 912's.

i have parada spec 2's, ive had no problems with them at all and as for "there not good in wet" if your not planning on flying round corners at high speed while its monsoon weather there fine !

Back