• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Deep Clean On The Teg

Over the past couple of months, I have neglected the Teg's paint, and havent been washing her as much as I used to. So I decided to give it a good deep clean on the paintwork.

Started off with a foam bath, followed by a hand wash with Megs NXT shampoo. Dried of with a silicone blade and a Meg's water magnet towell and microfibre cloths.

Once dry, I went 2 panels at a time, in the shade, with the following process;

- Meg's stage 1 paint cleaner
- Meg's stage 2 polish
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (left for approx. 45 mins before buffing
- Meg's No.21 Hi-Tech Yellow Paste Wax

The whole process took far too much time, and was definitely a chore, not a pleasure! However, the results were exactly what I wanted, cars paint looks superb, and should be well protected for a good time.

I didnt get many pics, but I think the bonnet reflection shots show how good the reults are - Not bad for 7 year old Honda paint!

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

I then spent this evening out and about enjoying driving her - A much better pass time than cleaning!

Ive always loved this car!

Looks cleaming as ever bud! I sold My MR DC2 to irish at TGM. Hes currently having it resprayed!

Ive always loved this car!

Looks cleaming as ever bud! I sold My MR DC2 to irish at TGM. Hes currently having it resprayed!

I have seen the progress thread he is doing on the respray - A lot of work! Didnt realise it was your old car :)

Yeh we met at TGM once if you remember!

You seen the colour hes doing it???

Yeah - I remember. I have seen the colour, shoild look ok, but at the same time, I would have stuck with the original colour.

May have been a chore doing all that- but the car looks amazing!!! Well done mate :cool:

I've got to back to TGM and get the rest of mine buffed properly. The paint is far too rough for my liking, so Tom is using the machine buffer on it to bring it back to best :D I'll be doing a deep clean and polish at some point soon.

Back