• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 delimiting FD2

Hello mate, no idea although I have heard that Dicksons are having big problems derestricting the car. I would suggest a call to Litchfields as they seem to have the car well sussed...

Hi mate,

I gave lichfields a bell today and they dont do it its the guys that do the SVA for them , they said that Dicksons had phoned earlier and they gave them the details to contact them so hope to hear something soon from them.

Hi mate,

I gave lichfields a bell today and they dont do it its the guys that do the SVA for them , they said that Dicksons had phoned earlier and they gave them the details to contact them so hope to hear something soon from them.

That is interesting! Would you be able to share more details if and when you have them.

Thanks again for sharing. I am suspecting they do the ECU re-program via a HIM (Honda Interface Module). That is on the assumption that:

1) They have this module AND
2) The ability to selectively switch the code (speed limit, speedo readout) independent of the maps.

Had contact from Dicksons and Im looking for info from owners does your speedo have the K blanked out please read below,

The aftermarket delimiters will delimit the car but it will freeze the Speedo @ 113mph but the car will keep going, so we can either order & fit one of these or we can fit a chip from the same company that xxxxxxxx use as they have now sorted out the teething problems with their chip. This would mean putting the KMH software back on the dash & putting a blank over the K letter as xxxxxxxxx etc do. Let me know which you would prefer?

ive blanked out the company name from above

Thanks

Re

I think putting a aftermarket delimiter that freezes the speedo at 113mph, and keep
the mph on the display is going to look better, how many times are we doing 120
130mph anyway. It's 0 to 60 and how it handles that matters.
and the speedo can be a good bit out with mph conversion chips.
If your speedo has been changed to mph using honda mph software
it will read the correct speed and look good.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Ive had contact from Niki from Dicksons of Perth and they are installing the chip and sofware that lichfield use to a FD2 that they currently have, and once they are satified that there are no issues they shall install the same to mine.

Re

that's good, that they are going to make sure the chip is 100% before fitting. you should happy now.
and your car will get fixout shorty

Thanks

Hi Lads,
Just had an email from Niki at Dicksons, they have received the chips from the same supplier's that Lichfields use and they are fitting it to their demo tomorrow and if everything goes ok they shall get me up to install the same to mine :D

Had an emial from dicksons, they fitted the chip and tested it in thier car on the ramp, it was ok up to 135mph then the speedo started jumping about, it could be because the rear wheels were stationary, so they have arranged the use of Perth airport on Thursday night to try it there, hopefully all goes well.

I'm not sure the rear wheels being stationary is the issue there, all that normally provokes is the ABS circuit. Time will tell, I guess

I've had a car from Dicksons and it done the same, at 130-135 mph the speedo jumped all over the place & wouldn't go any quicker ..

But Honda Dealer got it sorted eventually, DON'T ASK ME HOW :confused:

Hope yours get sorted ;)

Back