• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Depreciation On 57 / 08 Plate Type R GT

Hello peeps and peepettes,

I'm looking to buy my first ever CTR and I'm looking to get either 57 / 08 plate with around 30K on the clock for around £8K (there are a few about).

I will only be looking to keep it for a couple of years because me and the missus are going to be planning kids around this time so I was wondering what sort of price you will get for it by only adding around 16K miles to it in 2 years?

Basically I am trying to justify to her that I will get a certain amount of money back for it that I can then put towards buying 'sensible' 1.6dsl 5 door car.

This will be last my last chance to ever own a car of this sort of calibre but in all fairness I have to look into future as well.

Your comments will be very much appreciated.

There's no reason apart from running costs that an FN2 wouldnt be suitable as a family car. The boot is big enough and theres plenty of room in the back

But its very hard to tell how far further a car would depreciate

agree with ed plenty of space in back and boot i have 2 kids and regurally use my fn2 even though we have a big old accord on drive as well and you get over 30 to gallon and not that expensive to service and its a type r which dont lose that much in value if you check decent 54 55 plate ep3 they still hold there value so go for it

Agree with all of the above. I had my nephew and my brother in the back of mine. Loads of space. Even my brother who is 6.2 in height said he was surprised how spacious it is. And the boot. Flipping hell, it's bigger than a focus isn't it? There's tons of space. Just go have a look and compare. You'll be surprised.
As for fuel, it's still fair on fuel considering its a 2.0 200bhp type R. I just got 360 miles out of my last tank. Town and mainly carriage way driving, I was pleasantly surprised.
Personally I say. Go for it!! Enjoy.

i have an fN2 and its used as a family car with 2 kids, there is no need to buy a diesel 5 dor ever. I tried it and got rid after 5 months to get my FN2. Loads of room in the boot and the back for leg room.

Back