• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Detailed my Cosmic CTR

Mark43

Honorary Member
Well as i have had it for 2 months now and haven't put it in here yet i thought i would give it a bit of detailing and post it up.

Started yesterday morning about 8am and finished this morning about 10am.....obviously with a break in between for some sleep.:D

Alloys cleaned first....P21s applied and cleaned off with EZ detail brush and OXO spoke brush then rinsed thoroughly.

Car rinsed then foamed using hose and Karcher foam lance with a mixture of SSF and APC in the bottle.........gave quite a good foam actually.This was left to dwell for 10 minutes then rinsed off again.

Foamed again with Megs Shampoo Plus in the bottle this time.Covered the car then washed off with 2 buckets and a Lambs wool mitt.

Clayed the whole car with Megs QD and clay bar.

Car rinsed off again then dried with a Cobra Guzzler towel......these towels are great btw.

Once the car was dry i applied some CG Wet Mirror Finish then buffed off with a Pakshak microfibre towel.

Then the glass was cleaned with Megs glass cleaner.

I then applied a coat of Jetseal109 to the bodywork,glass and wheels then buffed off after 30 minutes with another Pakshak towel.

Interior was hoovered and Megs Natural shine applied to all the interior vinyl/rubber bits.

Applied Einzett Gummi Pfledge to all the weather strips and sealing rubber.....this stuff is great as well.

Tyres were dresses with Megs Endurance Gloss.

Nooks and crannies cleaned out with a Megs triple detail brush.

This morning i gave her a coat of Collinite 915 wax and again buffed off with a Pakshak towel.

Very pleased with the finished look seeing as it was done by hand and i don't have a Porter cable yet.

Arms hurt a bit this morning and having tennis elbow at the moment doesn't help but thats life.

Sun wasn't out when i took the finished pics so shine doesn't show that well unfortunately.

Attachments

• P9080001.JPG
    P9080001.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 52
  • P9080004.JPG
    P9080004.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 58
  • P9080006.JPG
    P9080006.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P9090007.JPG
    P9090007.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 54
  • P9090008.JPG
    P9090008.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
And a few more pics

Attachments

• P9090009.JPG
    P9090009.JPG
    405.3 KB · Views: 24
  • P9090012.JPG
    P9090012.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 24
  • P9090016.JPG
    P9090016.JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 23
  • P9090017.JPG
    P9090017.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P9090019.JPG
    P9090019.JPG
    433.2 KB · Views: 20
Looks great mark, is there a specific website you get all your products from? as i havent heard of half of them :lol: Wouldnt mind trying them out.

Used nothing but meguiars so far, own far too much of their stuff :lol:

Looks great mark, is there a specific website you get all your products from? as i havent heard of half of them :lol: Wouldnt mind trying them out.

Used nothing but meguiars so far, own far too much of their stuff :lol:

If you join this forum i promise you will never have any money left:eek:

www.detailingworld.co.uk

I get most of my stuff from the the companies on there.

Good results :cool:

I am still deliberating whether or not to get the foam lance for my Karcher, I really want to try it out, just the price is putting me off, same thing goes for the PC, when I personally feel, as you have proved above, you can get great results by hand.

Good results :cool:

I am still deliberating whether or not to get the foam lance for my Karcher, I really want to try it out, just the price is putting me off, same thing goes for the PC, when I personally feel, as you have proved above, you can get great results by hand.

You can get a Karcher foam lance from Halfords for £15 which attaches via a hoselock adaptor to your garden hose or you can pay £50ish for the pukka one.The foam from the cheap one was just as good as any i have seen providing you get your mixture right.

And as Spacemonkey said above you will be there a week trying to remove defects by hand.Luckily my car is fairly new and has been looked after so no defect removal was required.

I will buy a PC eventually though because its bloody hard work by hand.

Looks lovely, I really should get off my bum and at least wash mine :oops:

Very nice Mark :D

JDM mats are needed to finish off that interior ;)

I actually cleaned the EP3 and DC5 this weekend :eek:

Back