• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Detailing brands, whats your choice

Had a quick look and couldnt see anything that had been discussed recently (although i may be blind)

just wondering what products folk are using to details/clean there cars and if you have any particular following to a brand?

i used to use dodo juice a lot but lately been mixing it up with poor boys......

Started with Meguiars and still use it now.

Halford always seem to have 3 for 2. Can't argue with that.

Both AG and Megs are great products and work well but I found AG left a chalkie residue and both needed hard buffering to get the best shine. They used to leave a hologram in the paint which looked terrible in direct sunlight.
I started using AB products and they come off effortlessly.
Then I started trying the other bits and bobs in their range, each as easy to use as the last.
They also give an amazing shine which to me looks deeper than the off the shelf stuff.
I know other people will recommend different products like Poorboys etc but AB is down the road from my house so convenient.

Give them a try and see for yourself. I won't go back to Megs or AG now.

I used Autoglym but found it would leave a chalky residue so switched to Meguiars, which I still use. I really get on with the Meguiars brand.

Started with AutoGlym and Meguiars, then found AutoBrite.

Makes cleaning a car easier

I've got some of there products and must say they are great i love the cherry glaze and project 32 very easy to use. I've got there black magic hard wax but I find that little hard to buff off, going to try there soft wax as its meant to buff off easier. Been looking at poorboys products there meant to be good as well

I've got some of there products and must say they are great i love the cherry glaze and project 32 very easy to use. I've got there black magic hard wax but I find that little hard to buff off, going to try there soft wax as its meant to buff off easier. Been looking at poorboys products there meant to be good as well

Poorboys is good stuff.

I'm getting the AD Hellshine sealant as the rain repellant properties are amazing.

Poorboys is good stuff.

I'm getting the AD Hellshine sealant as the rain repellant properties are amazing.

I've been looking at the hellshine stuff and going to try some out after I've had my bodywork done ready for japfest this year. The only thing that I didn't like was when is spent over £200 with AD they still charged me postage, you would have though they would of sent for free or at least through something in to cover the cost.

I've been looking at the hellshine stuff and going to try some out after I've had my bodywork done ready for japfest this year. The only thing that I didn't like was when is spent over £200 with AD they still charged me postage, you would have though they would of sent for free or at least through something in to cover the cost.

I don't have that problem as I live about 15 mins away from the store :lol:

Perhaps we should see if they do a group day and see if there are people on the forums that are interested in detailing that might like to attend, see if we can get some sort of deal

No harm in contacting them. Your biggest problem is getting people to attend.

Most people dont don't like to travel.

Back