• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Detailing guide.

Hi All,

Now I'm sure this has been covered loads ot times before so I do apologies now for asking again :confused:

I've got a rough idea what I'm doing when it comes to cleaning, poloshing and waxing cars. Not so sure when it comes to claying and machine polishing though. Can anyone put a rough step by step guide together on how to machine polish a car. My car has vaded a bit and I would like to try and get it looking a bit better.

I would also like to know if you're going to machine polish a car is it still neccassary to clay it as well?

Also is this any good: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Boxed...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item2a21a14a33

Rough guide:

1. Wash the car - Recommended products
2. Machine polish: light,medium or heavy - Recommended products
3. Polish - Recommended products
4. Wax - Recommended products.

Anything in that line will do.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jan.

Wash the car with Duragloss 901
Clay the car with bilt hamber clay and water as lubricant
I machine polish with 3m products or Dodo juice Lime Prime
Wax with collinite or Megs #16.

google : detailingworld

look at the guides, there's a good one on machine polishing

Wash the car with Duragloss 901
Clay the car with bilt hamber clay and water as lubricant
I machine polish with 3m products or Dodo juice Lime Prime
Wax with collinite or Megs #16.

google : detailingworld

look at the guides, there's a good one on machine polishing

Thats excellent mate. Thanks for your "VERY HELPFULL" information.
That's all I really needed. I'll have a look at detalingworld as well.

Thanks again.

This is a massive can of worms as everyone likes different products and has different methods, I personally wouldn't use water to clay bar and would use a quick detailer as lube, but neither are wrong just different choices.
I would use 3M products to machine polish though as they are the best.
If you scroll down I did a little guide here but it doesn't include machine polishing, http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85138-Lots-of-traffic-tar-bits-on-my-ctr

Be good to throw in a tar and a fallout remover before claying but it could go on forever. Different people have different routines though. Remember it's all about the prep work, better the prep better the finish

I have been meaning to do a proper write up at some point, might pull my finger out this weekend.

I've tested the bilt hamber on a number of customers cars with water and never had issues. It really is good VFM clay.

Tar remover is pretty useful before clay if the tar is heavy.

I'm not saying water wont work I just prefer using Quick Detailer as it mists better and doesn't run as much making it easier to buff off later.

Tardis is the best thing I have ever bought, makes using the clay much easier and faster.

Back