• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Deteriorating Honda badges

While washing my car this morning I noticed 2 of my Honda badges are starting to deteriorate at the edges - one on the tailgate at bottom right of the badge, and the other on my front wheel.
I have seen this happen before....Ford badges were particularly bad for it to the point where dealers were replacing them free of charge.
Once they start to go like this they only get worse, and if it is happening to me it will be happening to others, so have a close look at your badges.
So that's rusty wheel nuts now deteriorating badges... :(
Oh I also found small stones stuck in the gap where the sill/side skirt meets the rear wheel arches on both sides...but managed to gently coax them out.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180414_102028.jpg
    20180414_102028.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20180414_102127.jpg
    20180414_102127.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 67
  • 20180414_102137.jpg
    20180414_102137.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they've caught the Ford disease. My Focus's have all seemed to have done this.

Looks like they've caught the Ford disease. My Focus's have all seemed to have done this.
Yep, it happened to the tailgate badge on 2 of my pre facelift Mk.3's. The wheel centres were also affected but I had gel overlay badges on them so it wasn't noticed. The 2015 facelift model I had was fine....so maybe Ford sorted the problem.
Rather disappointed to see what seems to be the same thing happening to my Honda. :(

I guess it's the usual problem of we accountants looking for short term cost savings and the suppliers getting squeezed.
Then the warranty claims and complaints come pouring in and the savings go out the window.

Back