• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Did we do a spot on job?

After fitting the tegiwa, I've noticed it sits a bit low compared to the others.

Is this ok? Or what did we do wrong? causing the filter sits a bit low.

Thanks.

induction.jpg

I'm assuming there's a hole cut in the plastic bit, other than that it looks fine. Here's a pic of mine although it's not sitting straight in this pic but you get the idea lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332978669.634257.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332978669.634257.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 54
The weather strip isn't on the way. as the filter sits very low so I decided not to cut them and the actual cone would not touch it in anyway.

It's fine where it is mate, you've done a good job. I struggled to get mine to sit straight until I fitted my rbc and new throttle body.

A number of people made a common mistake when fitting their Gruppe 'M's which made then sit a little awkward, low or to the side.

Seeing as though Tegiwa copy the Gruppe 'M item I would assume this could be the same.

I've not studied your photo but make sure you've fitted the circular mounting bracket in the correct position with the associated 'L' shape fixing bracket.

The circular plate which holds the actual filter etc is designed so that the hole for the 'L' bracket can be put in various different positions. Like 2, 5, 7 and 11 o'clock, if you've fitted yours at say 2 instead of 5 , it will sit lower in the engine bay when you fix to the car frame with the 'L' bracket.

It's hard to explain but simple when you see it. Study lots of pictures of fitted Gruppe 'M's and it should become clear.

Look at the link to my old EP3 in my sig. Mine was fitted correctly and sat perfectly.

Didn't get what you mean mate. But I'm gonna book the car at TGM for major service, i'll just let them know what happened to my tegiwa so they could re-arrange it.

Thanks

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Your oil breather is in the wrong place. That hole on the intake pipe is for the air sensor?

Where have you plugged the sensor? that needs to go into the hole, closest to the battery (or the one you have fed the oil breather to), in the induction hose. Need to get that sensor sh!t in there.

Mine sits higher but like chops not perfectly straight, and as said above you need the air sensor in the left hole, i had the same issue so i used an oem inlet hose which had the sensor attached...

mine sat higher and straighter than that:

8725c6f6.jpg

i just spaced out the "L" bracket to raise it. It should sit one or two inches higher than yours is. HTH

Also, as suits said, the main part that connects to the airbox maybe twisted at the wrong angle.

I'm thinking if the airbox box is too low, hot air from the engine can go into it somewhat? dunno if that would make a significant difference in BHP though as mostly could air would still be going in :p

do you guys stick the tip of the box to the scuttle panel? or just let it sit slightly above it or rest on it? Currently mine is stuck with velcro strips to stop friction/wearing but it vibrates against the panel at high revs. I'll sort it out when I can be bothered

I'll check the fitment again on weekends, ill try to fiddle with it.

As with the hot air, I don't think it could go into it as the filter getting air from the scoop and the scoop channeling the cold air from outside. But not so sure. :D

Back