• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Did you run your car in?

So i was just wondering if people run their R in when they got it, and how many miles? I just know i am going to find it soooo difficult not to stick my foot down when i get car!!!

I haven't got an FN2 (I've got the FD2) but I did run mine in properly for the first 1000 miles (keeping it below 5,000rpm), then it had an oil and filter change .... then I drove it like I stole it....
:twisted:

You guys really are making it hard to keep it in my mind to run the car in first! lol i have just got off the phone with the dealer, and there is now a sold sign on the car, now just got to try and get all the paper work done so i can pick it up on saturday...... can't wait!!!!

You know ...'Them'

I'd agree, you don't need to run in most cars- especially Honda's :cool:

400 miles before i put 9500rpm and 16psi of boost through it. Just taken the head off and its all good. Rings are properly set, bores are all good.

IMO driving it to weak from the start and your never going to seat the rings properly. Honda's tolerances are pretty spot on, the pistons are round, the bores are well honed so dont see running in being an issue.

Though its a very contentious issue, do what every your happiest with:D

It's not just about the engine though, brakes, clutch, gearbox and tyres all need to be bedded in, so a good 4-500 miles should see all the other bits apart from the engine bedded in.

Back