• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Difference in noise

Hi guys so I know this is a very vague question and realistically I can't expect an accurate answer, but if my current exhaust is a full dc system inc decat, if I change to a twin loop how much db will I lose at track measurements? So for example if my dc system was 103db when tested what would it be (roughly) if it had a twin loop fitted? So if any of you guys have done a similar swap. The 103 is just a fictional number by the way that's not what it has been measured at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the Twinloop JASMA certified? Dotty runs one on his DC5 and he doesn't have noise issues.

Not sure what that actually means when coupled with lots of other non standard things

It means it's quiet. Pretty confident the Mugen will be several dB quieter than the DC system.

Mine on Monday.

Feels header, arc intake, rbc and twinloop.

[video=youtube;AWxSKy7npU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWxSKy7npU8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Never had any problems with passing a noise test.

Last edited by a moderator:
denarede.jpg

If it's JASMA then I think it's sub 98. Having heard his in person, I can say it's quiet and shouldn't fail any track days in the UK. Although I've heard Castle Combe will pull you off if the intake noise is too high!

But does that sub 98 still apply if you have header manifold decat etc

Sent from my mind telepathically

But would I need a remap changing exhaust, as current set up is mapped specific to that. It's chops old car

Ok so potentially very costly change then by the time I purchase exhaust then remap. When I'm home I will get it measured as is, maybe get a bung for noise tests if I need to

Back