• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Different exhaust diameters?

Chaps
Is it a big No No to have a 2.5" centre pipe mated up to a 2" back box?
The connecting flanges mate up, as does the donut gasket, and also the bolt holes. So fitting isn't a problem.

I asked the garage doing the fitting and they said it shouldn't be a problem.

For the sake of a 0.5" restriction over 300mm, is it a big deal??

No problems at all.

It just won't be as free flowing as it could be, but no worse than stock.

I'm guessing you are putting something like a Supersprint B-pipe on with an OEM back box? Quite a few people have done this with no problems. ;)

Thanks matey

Yeah something like that. One of the CTRO custom made 60mm unsilenced b-pipes plus a used Magnex (so I'm told) backbox with twin exits (like OEM).
It's getting fitted as we type, so if it sounds a bit disappointing, i may get a 60mm back box later on....

ta

when i put a unsilenced bpipe to my oem backbox it was ok, it screamed a lot more than oem but it wasn't deep enough for me. But that was a OEM backbox so the magnex might be deeper

Yeah I'm not normally one for subtle exhausts, but these days with a baby and the occasional long m-way journey, I have to be considerate. Plus, my neighbours complained about my old Evo.

Might have to just accept the sound & restriction for what it is and live with it!

they need to FOAD, i get saxo's and focus with huge exhausts on that make evos sound quiet racing past my house till the early hours

Well if i had that kind of traffic, then a loud muffler wouldn't be a problem.

On a side note; the fitting garage are having a problem getting the back box onto the b-pipe. They say that Due to the slightly smaller inlet of the backbox, it sits slightly further away from the b-pipe flange donut. So the OE bolts (which are rusted to fug) are too short to get a start on. So now they're waiting for some longer bolts to arrive. Looks like I'll be doing some unplanned overtime today.

I can't beleive that a garage doesn't have spare bolts in stock!! I've got bluddy loads at home.

By the way - this u/s b-pipe and magnex rear was the loudest system i've ever had!! jesus, my ears were ringing afterwards.
Sounded utterly fantastic when you were in the mood and gunning it everywhere though :D
but pottering about town, m-way crusing and at night was just too noisy.

Plus, the garage that fitted it couldnt fully align the backbox, which resulted in one of the tailpipes melting my bumper!
ar5e.

Anyways, I now have a fixed rear lip and a BC spec4 so happy days!!

Hi mate, what did the quality of the Magnex twin pipe sound like? thinking of getting one myself!

Back