• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Different tire size front and rear for track day for my FN2

Anyone triied this on track? I was thinking about using 245/35R18 on the front and stock 225/40R18 on the rear to dial in a bit more oversteer..or maybe even 255/35R18 on front.......I will be using 8Jx18 ET40 whells or 8.5J ET45 if i go for 255 tires. Will these wider tires fit under the arch properly - no rubbing or something like that?? I will use this setup only for track days. I have stock suspension, polybush kit and front and rear swaybars. So far the stock suspension is taking the abuse on the track very well and that is the reason i still have it on. Hopefully someone else triied something like this and can share his experience here.

Thank you

I'm not running 18's so can't really comment whether they'll fit or not but I run a staggered tyre size front I back.

Front 225/50/16
Rear 205/55/16

its something that a lot of Fwd race cars do so thought I'd give it a go, more traction to the driving wheels and less weight on the rear of the trailing wheels. Makes sense really even if it is only minor and yet to see any issues doing this.

Nether is a standard tyre size. EP3's come on 17's and I'm not too sure what the tyre sizes would be. At a guess 215/40/17?

Back