• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dilemma

So after over 14 years of ownership my EP3 has taken an icy slide into a truck and become "uneconomical to repair".

I have had quotes to buy back from insurers and repair but will it be worth it. I am getting another car as a daily driver but if I sold mine as a cat D after fixing what kind of value will it have?
2002 '52' in black with 96k on clock. Single owner and full service history

Tempted to keep it myself for a bit but due to accident the insurance premium has rocketed and have storage issues if I was to prep it for track/fun weekend use.

All suggestions and information would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How has insurance skyrocketed? It should only go up at renewal? Unless you've already had quotes?

If you want to keep it for track then how many days would you actually use it on track for? If you have storage issues now then why would that change if you bought it back?

I'd say cut your losses and find something like a DC5 to replace it with. My insurance has gone up by about £20 after writing off my S2000.

Hard to say without knowing what the price of buying it back is. The k20 lump will always fetch a decent amount at the very least. Lots of people want them for conversions or as replacements for blown up engines.

How has insurance skyrocketed? It should only go up at renewal? Unless you've already had quotes?

If you want to keep it for track then how many days would you actually use it on track for? If you have storage issues now then why would that change if you bought it back?

I'd say cut your losses and find something like a DC5 to replace it with. My insurance has gone up by about £20 after writing off my S2000.

Quote has gone up 50% on insurance for new car as not taken it yet as I'm still waiting for delivery.

Storage issues will be if I keep it as 3 cars, motorbike and trailer won't fit on drive and garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back