• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dirtyh900's DC2

Well been busy since i bought the DC2 last Thursday....

Fixed leaky boot, water was getting in via rear lights, first i got rid of all the condensation & actual water rolling around in the light by drilling a small hole in the bottom of each rear light hairdrying it then sealed it back up with black kitchen sealant, also sealing all around the outer rim of the light & gaps between lights & bodywork.

102_3787.jpg

102_3792.jpg

102_3796.jpg

102_3827.jpg

No more condensation :D
102_3797.jpg

Bracket for number plate light was hanging off so fixed it back on whilst replacing all the screws as they were all rusty as hell, also did this for opposite side. Gave the paintwork a bit of claying to get rid of the rust discolouration around the screws area came up good as new...

102_3825.jpg

The main job todady started at 9am finished at 15:00, didn't have time to do the interior but fully cleaned clayed, polished & waxed it, came up really well could have done with a bit of sunshine whilst taking the pictures though, the clay bar really worked wonders....

102_3810.jpg

102_3811.jpg

102_3815.jpg

102_3816.jpg

102_3817.jpg

102_3822.jpg

102_3824.jpg

Next job Red H's as I have pink ones :ghey:.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good buddy!!

There's a guy on Itr-dc2.com who sells oem badges there cheap too. I'll pm you his details, he's sending me a set next week.

Looks good mate, i brought one a month back totally std with 75k on the clock done the same as you sorted back lights out! but my boot was not as bad as yours that's 3 people i know now that have gone from ep3 to a dc2

Sex.

Currently trying to choose between ATR and DC2. This thread has made me head towards DC2 again after deciding "for definite" this afternoon that I would go for ATR.

Looks good mate, i brought one a month back totally std with 75k on the clock done the same as you sorted back lights out! but my boot was not as bad as yours that's 3 people i know now that have gone from ep3 to a dc2

thanks man... shes going to get fixed on monday after somebody did this to it http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...a-focus-crashes-into-your-DC2&highlight=focus

funds made me do it, but am very happy with the change :)

its great to back with a Honda, i now have the pride back in my motor.

Sex.

Currently trying to choose between ATR and DC2. This thread has made me head towards DC2 again after deciding "for definite" this afternoon that I would go for ATR.

I too thought about an accord but swayed to the DC2, looks miles better IMO

Good luck with finding one :)

Well my car is back, i've had it back over a week now but did not want to post any pictures as when they fixed it one of the rubber seals around the door did not go back on very well. They are ordering the part and will fit it one day next week....
pics to follow when complete... i can say though the repair is top class :D

As i had the car back i thought i would replace my roof lining & rear plastics as the previous owner had obviously been to B&Q at some point & wasn't very careful :lol:

As you can see he made a bit of a mess with the interior!!!
FILE0002-1.jpg

FILE0005-2.jpg

FILE0006.jpg

FILE0008-1.jpg

FILE0009.jpg

Stripped out, also gave me a chance to look at the repair job & was very happy... seemless :)
FILE0011.jpg
FILE0012.jpg

2nd hand parts, managed to pic up the whole rear plastics for £15 locally from a DC2 forum member a few small scuffs but they were far better condition than mine.
2nd hand roof lining £30 from R-Motion in south wales they also threw in some seatbelt covers as mine were knackered.....

FILE0021.jpg

FILE0024.jpg

FILE0018.jpg

FILE0027.jpg

All done....
FILE0031.jpg

FILE0035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work buddy, still loving it then.

Yes now that is back & fixed i can get on with improving bits & bobs.

It was so annoying with the dent, it made me feel so unenthusiastic at doing anything to the car, plus cleaning it also seamed a waste of time.

Anyways after next week all will be well & i can get on with the jobs to do list.

:)

Back