• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Disappointed with my car

Been to santa pod today and i reckon im just not cut out for drag racing,i thought i would of been faster 14.02 was my fastest run but on average out of seven runs i was doing 14.200 to 14.400. Really tried but couldnt
stop the wheel spin and i had new parada,s on the front.

In the end i pushed a bit to hard and bust the exhaust on the back to middle section i hope its just a gasket.The clutch i have bought off scott isnt helping,it sometimes sounds like ive got a budgie in the engine if i dip the clutch a bit the noise goes away,anyone know what it could be?Thanks:(

Not sure what the clutch noise could be, may be it's squeel from when you try and slip it to stop the wheels from spinning.

Do you have engine mount inserts? if not then get them fitted.

Ive seen so many EP3's shaking themselves stupid with wheel hop because there are no inserts fitted.
If your going to go drag racing then they need to be fitted, plus an engine torque damper, just to hold everything still on launch, this will help no end.

What were you terminals by the way?

do you have a milano ep3? what mods have you got mate? i was down there on sat and sunday, managed a 14.6. 14.2 is good, dont know why youre complainin:confused:

Found out today that my belt on my supercharger was slipping really bad at santa pod so i dont think i had full power on sunday? I thought it just needed to be tightened a bit didnt think it would affect the power.

Went alright today huh!

Hiya mate.yeah was alot more chuffed with the first run up the strip yesterday.Still think it can do better with a good start though just a shame the track got more slippery as the day went on.

what times were you running this time mate? im looking to get down there again soon, when i pick up a few things for the car.

Found out today that my belt on my supercharger was slipping really bad at santa pod so i dont think i had full power on sunday? I thought it just needed to be tightened a bit didnt think it would affect the power.

You would of been losing a few psi with a lose belt.

Back