• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Discounts on GT

Hi All. I'm thinking of purchasing a GT with £525 paint and the 5 year servicing (£599) and extra couple of years warranty £350) and have been offered £1,000 off, so £34,000 all in. Anyone have an opinion on whether that's a good price? I'm in the South East if it makes any difference...

Until now discounts have been minimal and tbh I don't really know how much I got off mine because a p/ex was involved,but I think it was only around £1k.
When there are a fair few ones about now at a few months old and minimal mileage at around £29k you have to ask yourself is it really worth spending that extra £5k.

Local dealers would only give a best discount of £525 in Feb on a car that was already in stock. £1000 seems to be the mark currently, but it varies month to month.

I ended up buying a 4 month old demo Polished metal GT with 250 miles on the clock and the 5 year SP for £28,995 from Listers Solihull.

Hi All. I'm thinking of purchasing a GT with £525 paint and the 5 year servicing (£599) and extra couple of years warranty £350) and have been offered £1,000 off, so £34,000 all in. Anyone have an opinion on whether that's a good price? I'm in the South East if it makes any difference...

I wouldn't say that is great...If you got all of that and £1k off that's more representative

Hi All. I'm thinking of purchasing a GT with £525 paint and the 5 year servicing (£599) and extra couple of years warranty £350) and have been offered £1,000 off, so £34,000 all in.
The figures you quote add up to a total of £34469, so are you getting £1000 off this price?
I'm confused by your "£34000 all in"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all, thank you for your replies. Numbers I have are as follows

List price £33,525
Paint £525
5Y servicing £599
Customer care package £350
Total pre discount £34,999

I hadn't really though about ex demos as assumed they would have been thrashed mercilessly, but Mark your level of deal is very hard to ignore. Closest to that I can see at the moment is over £30k pre haggle

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801192896537

It's an ok deal. I bought mine in October and had the same deal near enough.

As an in demand car, you're never going to get thousands off anyway, so every little helps.

Get the smart insurance.....I've had them out 3 times since September, latest one a stone chip that was ****ing me off. No probs at all doing it and great job

Get the smart insurance.....I've had them out 3 times since September, latest one a stone chip that was ****ing me off. No probs at all doing it and great job

Have you had any wheels repaired? Good std of repair?

How are they repairing paint chips? touch up paint?

Morning all, thank you for your replies. Numbers I have are as follows

List price £33,525
Paint £525
5Y servicing £599
Customer care package £350
Total pre discount £34,999

I hadn't really though about ex demos as assumed they would have been thrashed mercilessly, but Mark your level of deal is very hard to ignore. Closest to that I can see at the moment is over £30k pre haggle

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801192896537

Suggest you do a car wow quote. I think you can do much better than that

Carwow were coming up with at least a 1k discount...possibly 1.5 last time I looked.
Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement on that.
I doubt it....but you never know.

Have you had any wheels repaired? Good std of repair?

How are they repairing paint chips? touch up paint?

They won't touch the wheels unfortunately, not on the policy full stop. Think they or Honda got burnt on the fk2 wheels as too hard to repair so Honda gave out new ones.

No proper smart repair job, would never know it was there

They won't touch the wheels unfortunately, not on the policy full stop. Think they or Honda got burnt on the fk2 wheels as too hard to repair so Honda gave out new ones.

No proper smart repair job, would never know it was there

Shame about the wheels - seems incredibly hard to find somewhere to repair these

How much is it if you don’t mind me asking? Wonder if I can purchase it retrospectively? Might be useful if I track the fk8

Thanks

Submitted a carwow quote - will let you know what they come back with.

doubt they'll be getting any discounts just yet.. not for another year I'd have thought.

dealers might be able to move a little now though. hell, they moved a little for me at release. (carwow had £0 discount)

doubt they'll be getting any discounts just yet.. not for another year I'd have thought.

dealers might be able to move a little now though. hell, they moved a little for me at release. (carwow had £0 discount)

I think it depends if you drop lucky. I dropped on a very good deal and my dealer matched it

dealers might be able to move a little now though
Maybe I have misunderstood what you are meaning.....but it's not Carwow that provide the discount, they simply put you in contact with dealers who are.
Like you say no discounts were available anywhere when the FK8 went on sale, but they have been available recently.
I have been registered with Carwow for a couple of years now, and last time I checked at least £1000 discount was being offered by a handful of dealers based on the previous list price of £32995.

I got about a £1000 discount on mine.

I used carwow to haggle various dealers around the UK and then settled on one I was happy with local to me.

Ended up getting free paint job of my choice, full tank of fuel among a couple others things - not sure if others got similar deals?

I am surprised to see the list price for the GT go up by £1000 ! I bought it at a good time.

Back