• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Discounts on GT

I am surprised to see the list price for the GT go up by £1000 ! I bought it at a good time.
I was surprised to learn of the price rise too, but it's went up by £530 not £1000. I deliberately never used the word "only" there. :lol:
It was £32995 from launch last September with the price rise kicking in this year sometime, but not sure exactly when.

Oh, well - this is how much mine was: £32,489.97 - just checked the documents :)
You definitely got a discount then....which is more than I got. Your figure is not a whole number so it would seem that additional extras have been added to the total price.
List price of GT at launch = £32995
Current price = £33525

I paid £32750 without any trade-in last month and that included the 5 year service plan, factory fitted interior illumination pack, mats inc boot mat and fitted upper tailgate spoiler. Obviously it’s easier getting “stuff” included free than getting bigger cash discounts but if the dealer knows you’re serious then you can get somewhere with haggling hard. I did a few carwow quotes but nothing came back under £32750 and it’s certainly easier to get to a suitable deal sitting across a desk than over the internet.

I paid £32750 without any trade-in last month and that included the 5 year service plan, factory fitted interior illumination pack, mats inc boot mat and fitted upper tailgate spoiler. Obviously it’s easier getting “stuff” included free than getting bigger cash discounts but if the dealer knows you’re serious then you can get somewhere with haggling hard. I did a few carwow quotes but nothing came back under £32750 and it’s certainly easier to get to a suitable deal sitting across a desk than over the internet.

You got free mats ! :mad:

Agree in principle (especially a random email vs making theeffort to go to a dealer) but carwow is really useful for getting a view from lots of dealers in one hit. I might have been lucky but I hit on a brilliant finance deal which my dealer matched

b69988a8a95187fec3ed7128cceee333.jpg

They won't touch the wheels unfortunately, not on the policy full stop. Think they or Honda got burnt on the fk2 wheels as too hard to repair so Honda gave out new ones.

No proper smart repair job, would never know it was there

Yeah I was stung with this, the policy I had in the FK2 under insured the wheels... Was a total mare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deals def to be had.

Just paid £28k for a Aug 17 m plate sonic grey with less than 400 miles from a main dealer. That included 5 year service pack. Called up dealer made offer over phone was sorted within 15 mins.

So I wouldn’t be paying more than £30k for a 67 plate with delivery miles.

Not driven / seen it yet but looking forward to getting it on sat (he assures me it’s spotless).

Wife has an Fk2 also I am coming from a Cayman GT4 which is being replaced by this and an Exige for proper hooning.

Deals def to be had.

Just paid £28k for a Aug 17 m plate sonic grey with less than 400 miles from a main dealer. That included 5 year service pack. Called up dealer made offer over phone was sorted within 15 mins.

Not driven / seen it yet but looking forward to getting it on sat (he assures me it’s spotless).

Wife has an Fk2 also I am coming from a Cayman GT4 which is being replaced by this and an Exige for proper hooning.

Thank you for info. Are you sad to see the GT4 go?

Deals def to be had.

Sonic Grey is the worst colour in my opinion, probably why it was so cheap as they can't sell it! :D

Is it a GT variant?

Yes GT variant and it was a toss up between sonic and polished metal.

Red has to be the worst followed by black. The wife has a sporty blue FK2 civic so ruled that out.

I like more out there colour cars.

Will miss the GT4 as specced from new but with young kids it wasn’t used too much and had only done 2k miles since new. Awesome cars mind you and made me a 5 figure profit.

Link to her getting prepped before I took delivery properly, I do hope the type r paint is better quality (it won’t be)!!

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/porsche-cayman-gt4-3/

Interesting how people like different things.

I actually think the Sonic Grey looks horrendous, its like the cars paint job is unfinished, just a primer job.
I had a choice of test driving that one or a white one (both GT) and picked the white to go for a spin in.

My FK8 is actually black though which is your 2nd worst colour!
I think it looks stunning :)

Yes GT variant and it was a toss up between sonic and polished metal.
Red has to be the worst followed by black.
Don't say that :eek: although I agree about black....it hides too may details and is difficult to keep clean and avoid swirl marks.
I am not keen on Sonic Grey and Polished Metal.....but we all have different tastes.
I don't think anybody buys a non GT Type R....certainly nobody on this forum. :D

Your GT4 looks amazing, and that was a serious amount of detailing work it had....all worth it of course. :cool:
You will be sorry to see it go.... :( but its next owner will be getting an excellent car.

Yeah each to their own ref colours. It was actually my 10 year old who chose the car and colour so all feedback to him :)

With a good detail and ceramic coating it will pop. He chose the Exige in Grey also (just have a dealer tracking one down as depreciation proof used).

I am a black fan normally but not on the type r as you say above hides too many lines. If only they did them in Mexico or Riviera blue!!

Yes ref detailing but made it so easy to clean and care for its worth it in time saved. Literally snow foam and done. The Type R will have the same treatment.

Anyway don’t want to hijack thread just wanted to let you know < £28 GT cars achievable. I didn’t actually push price at all, called and put in a sensible offer and was accepted within 2 mins so I have feeling I could have got it a few hundred less but wanted a car ASAP.

Back