• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Discussion moved from TarmacNymph's thread about suspension/ride height etc.

The ride height itself isn't an issue, and Sun and I spoke at length at JAE about RCA's and inverted tie rod ends to solve any issues that you'd have running a car low when looking at performance. It's more an issue about running a car too stiff and with too much camber on road tyres that's not really fixable, you can fix low ride height issues within reason without too much hassle.

FWIW, the race S2000 that we visited picking up Suit's new clutch had a massive set of RCA's on it to combat the issues that come from running very low.

Dude, I've already made inquiries re: inverted Tie-Rod ends. The RCA's and camber kit is due soon. I will fit them all together :)

I don't really have any negative camber.. I have a bit on the front, but imagine it's only the amount available via a set of OEM bolts and the elongated holes on the coilover mounting points.

I'm not running silly low, so hopefully a combination of these parts will retain the DC5's handling prowess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I've already made inquiries re: inverted Tie-Rod ends. The RCA's and camber kit is due soon. I will fit them all together :)

I don't really have any negative camber.. I have a bit on the front, but imagine it's only the amount available via a set of OEM bolts and the elongated holes on the coilover mounting points.

I'm not running silly low, so hopefully a combination of these parts will retain the DC5's handling prowess.

From our chat at JAE man, I know you know what to do for performance, hence the only thing i've said to you was get RCA's before I get angry :lol: Now you've met me, I'd hope you'd take that with a smile rather than anything else. And the above post from me, wasn't really directed at you, as we've already had this chat before. I'd also agree your current set-up isn't stupid low. The camber comment was more from your old EP3 as it explained the skipping you used to get from the front when cornering, and was using it as an example of issues that can be encountered ;)

You're still a dick though, but I like you because of your Samosas :lol:

For the record Sun:

It used to infuriate me how you used to drop baller speak into your messages. I couldnt give a monkeys about that now and I know it's just you being Ill innit.

I thought you were an idiot for going for stance over function. Bothers me nowt now as it's your car dude.

I laughed when you hurled thousands and thousands of pounds into a stolen recovered car. I thought you were crazy. It's evident now how much you loved that car though and just because it's something I wouldn't do, doesn't make it wrong.

I thought you were fcuking crazy waiting 9 months for parts from Japan. I still do :lol:

All that was said with words that could make a navvy blush. Some quite nasty. In hindsight and after having met you, I'll admit I was wrong and shouldn't have said them. I can't take them back and if you think I'm a Cnut then you're entitled to your opinion, but I am being honest when I say I regret saying them and they have no reflection on how I perceive you now. You're baller in my book.

The samosas are getting rinsed out, I've got some more different stuff up my sleeve - if I'm not perma'd before then. :)

It's cool Tone, I can see how I'd come across as not being everyones cuppa.

The EP3 was unfortunate - there was a lot of complications with that car - I wasn't in a position to sell it immediately, and I'm glad I didn't in the end - it was a nice car, if I do say so myself.

I am crazy for waiting (but I've got a new JDM link now... 9-days is more realistic).

I came on the forum and just spoke how I would as if I was talking face to face with someone. I appreciate my attitude doesn't conform; it shouldn't have to though - but that doesn't mean that I don't respect the law of the land (forum). I'd rather just be straight with people - because I'll meet them one day, and I'm not going to change who I am then and maintain a facade to gain the respect of those people.

I like TRO, but I think there's a handful of cnuts on here that need outing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sun for mod.

Nah man, I'm happy helping out where I can, as I do anyway. :)

I'd rather be on this side of the house. Anyday. I'm on here for a few mates more than I am the car now... because apart from the newer, enthusiastic members - which is what it's about, it's not really about the appreciation of the cars as much.

Yeah man. I am Sun. I go by the username of TypeRiter. I own a DC5 that is low, but not that low. Why you on me so much man?

Yeah man. I am Sun. I go by the username of TypeRiter. I own a DC5 that is low, but not that low. Why you on me so much man?

Haha no, I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about, maybe see a pic of this DC5 but certain members were being deliberately unhelpful by not mentioning that you are infact known as TypeRiter. I suspected this was the case but ofcourse I was checking the members car section for a guy called "Sun" which was no doubt their intention :D and mods keep deleting my posts, even though this is basically a debating thread so I don't see the problem with a little banter. I used to be on gaming forums and they had a separate "flame section" where you can essentially say what you want, it was pretty cool. Here it is very strict indeed and rather boring.

Haha no, I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about, maybe see a pic of this DC5 but certain members were being deliberately unhelpful by not mentioning that you are infact known as TypeRiter. I suspected this was the case but ofcourse I was checking the members car section for a guy called "Sun" which was no doubt their intention :D and mods keep deleting my posts, even though this is basically a debating thread so I don't see the problem with a little banter. I used to be on gaming forums and they had a separate "flame section" where you can essentially say what you want, it was pretty cool. Here it is very strict indeed and rather boring.

flowers.gif

Chill out a bit, don't post bubble and your posts won't get deleted. Simples.

How does Hastig know so much about suspension/car set ups etc? I'm not challenging that he knows his onions, just interested to know how.

Ah ok. Wasn't sure if you were involved in some type of motorsport going on all the videos I've been watching with you in of late. Except for the one with the cup, that was just weird.

Back