• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Distance between Front ARB and DC Race Header

Can anyone whos running a DC Race Header shed some light on how much distance you have between the race header and the front anti-roll bar? I'm sure my header is now knocking on the anti-roll bar, I've got the rear ESMM fitted.

Haven't had a chance to get under the car and have a look, but last time it was on the ramp at TGM I noticed there was only about 2mm of space between the header and the ARB. :shock: Is this right, I remember ABP saying that there should be around 2cm of clearance, I gather a JDM front ARB is the answer to this?

in my case there wasn't any :lol:

solution was to get TDi North to make me up a custom set of droplinks to rotate the arb back slightly to create a gap

the jdm arb made no difference with the dcrh as Paul at TDi had already tried this for someone

How long did you run with the DC header touching the ARB for Al? I can't hear any distinctive knocking but can hear a wierd noise coming from that area and the only thing I can think it being is the header fouling the ARB

was a good few months, took a while to figure out what the sound was as it sounded like a really high pitched chirp

Cheers mate, TGM are looking at it for me next week, I'm getting more of what sounds like vibrations and squeeking then a distinctive knock, have felt a few vibrations through the floor as well.

Just hoping I haven't done any damage to it, its only been like this since I had the front ESMM taken out last week, and saying that it didn't even start doing it till 2 days later.

lecurie said:
ive got that noise!!

can you explain the droplinks to me?

the droplinks are what the arb is attached too...basically Mark (when he still worked at Tdi) bought a set of the rear droplinks (as these are slightly longer than the fronts) heated them up and twisted them so they would fit on the front of the car. This caused the arb to be rotated backwards away from the header :)

Its interesting that theres a few people who's DCRH doesn't fit properly with the standard ARB. :?

Al said:

solution was to get TDi North to make me up a custom set of droplinks to rotate the arb back slightly to create a gap

the jdm arb made no difference with the dcrh as Paul at TDi had already tried this for someone

Sorry Al, howcome the JDM front ARB didn't help, isn't the bar a different shape for the mani?

Chief said:
Al said:

Sorry Al, howcome the JDM front ARB didn't help, isn't the bar a different shape for the mani?

it is but not in the right place, hard to explain really but Paul showed me by holding the jdm one under my car and it would've fouled in the same spot

Mine has been ok since I changed the back box which I find strange.

When the Magnex backbox was on it used to knock but now I have the Spoon one I have not heard a peep out of it :D

Carl

Back