• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY JRSC fitting

Was just wondering if any of you guys have undertaken this yourself????

Im not thinking of fitting mine myself, although I have a background in mech engineering, I would still like the profesionals to do it, Not Bodey n doyle thou :wink:

Couple of people have iirc, one on a DC5 but I can't remember the guy's name offhand

Not a job I'd want to do myself either just to save a couple of hundred quid for fitting, plus you'll still need to get it mapped properly

Although I could not do it myself, if Paul & Mark from Tdi North can do it anybody can :wink: . On a serious note you will still need to get it mapped, gained 19bhp from the standard map

Download the instructions from the JR site. They are very good. I recon I could do one ok. Quite a few have fitted their own kits ok but as has been mentioned you have to have the correct map and know what to look for within kmanager to setup for your car. Things like injectors may not be the same so need edits. Also you have to wire in the new injectors as they wont fit the standard clips.

If you know what to look for you will be ok.
If there is doubt....don't touch.

Friendy said:
tp
Are you going to DIY fit yours or get Paul to do it?

I will let TDi do it as there will be other things going on at the same time.
I will also have 2 maps done...and you know what can be gained if your going for balls-out power. :wink: :twisted:

Friendy said:
Is the 8psi to 9 psi a software upgrade rather than a hardware upgrade.

New kits 8/9 all have the same pulley size IIRC so is all done on mapping. Older 8psi kits had a different size pulley.

Measure yours and call Paul. You may be lucky. :wink:

evilowl said:
Couple of people have iirc, one on a DC5 but I can't remember the guy's name offhand

Not a job I'd want to do myself either just to save a couple of hundred quid for fitting, plus you'll still need to get it mapped properly

I think it was herts62, he had it for his CTR but sold it and got the DC5 8)

I think it was herts62, he had it for his CTR but sold it and got the DC5 Cool

He actually had it fitted to his DC5 and it was self fitted but was mapped by Guy at CPL

Back