• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY kill switch for the EP3

I don't know if this should be in the DIY section, or in the theft deterrent section, but I figure I will post it here first. If it needs moving, by all means. This is a DIY I learned from my civic club over here, should work properly for you guys with the type-r aswell.

Tools required:
10mm socket wrench
philips head screw driver
drill with uni-bit/stepper bit (drills holes at incrimentaly larger diameters)
wire strippers
electrical spade connectors (I don't know if thats the term used over there, but essentialy a flat terminal connector to attache to the switch)
electical butt connectors *optional*
spare 16g wire*optional*

Other parts required:
2 pole toggel switch

How To:
First, remove the center console from the car. Remove the two philpips head screws that hold the rear section of the center console in place. For the front, you must remove the lower trim peice on the dash (in canada its a 12V socket), two press pins under the dash, and two 10mm bolts under the rubber matt in the storage space under the cupholders. Once the rear peice is removed, you will see the wire loom beside the parking brake handel. Open the loom up and look for a black and green wire. This is the fuel pump signal wire. Cut the wire. If you have your car running, it should slowly stumble and die after a few seconds. Now this is where you get creative. Find a mounting location some where in your car that is accessable but also hidden/some where not seen. Mount your switch and extend the wires to where you have hidden your switch. After the wires are run, close the loom back up either using electical tape or wire looming.

Optional, do something similar with fake switches. IE wire up 2 or 3 other ones and run the wires into the loom but do not connect them. This makes it harder for theives to find the right one to arm/disarm when they go to steal.

With this killswitch installed, the car will still start, but stall out after about 10 seconds of running at idle, as soon as the person hits the gas, the car will die.

Hope this helps

Also, there are no pictures because its a hidden kill switch. Would defy th purpose of the DIY if theres pictures..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back