• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DIY oil/filter change.

Hi folks,i have done a search on this and can't find an answer to this question,so i apologise if this has been answered previously but in addition to my ctr having full history,i would like to do my own additional oil/filter changes-i
have always done this on my previous cars and have no probs in doing so.
Therefore can an oil/filter change be performed ok on a driveway with the
usual trolley jack(s)and axle stands or are there clearance/access/removal
issues associated with doing this??? any advice on this would be greatly appreciated,as i have only owned the car 2 weeks and would like to know
for future reference-many thanks.

got my mechanic bitch to do this last week...trolley jack and axle stands are fine...and he`s a big fatty

As long as you've done an oil change before and you have the correct tool to take the filter off and tighten the new one back on you should have no problems.

Access to the filter is easiest at the o/s wheel arch, obviously with the wheel turned inwards.

i service our farm/plant equipment at work and would like to suggest that you should also rub the rubber seal on the new filter with oil before you screw it on. if you already know/do this then ignore my post lol.

Back