• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX Do engine start buttons light up?

hey guys,

Unfortunately i don't know anyone who owns a S2000 so i can't look to find out and S2000 start buttons aren't exactly cheap (about £50 on ebay) so i don't want to buy one just to find out they aren't illuminated

so all i'd like to know is do they light up?

defiantly, 100%... no returns, do not pass go do not collect £200? lol

the only reason im so confused is that A there is only 2 wires (for the switch) and B i rang a honda dealership and the woman i talked to said they dont... then i did some digging on the internet and it seemed they did... argh!

LOL, Mine has 3 wires, is it wired using a relay? from memory i think there is a ground, phase/live in and then a trigger out for the relay. It is defiantly a genuine Honda one as well.

I can pull the gear stick surround off and take a few pics if you like if it would be of any help?

They do light up, but as already stated they are very dim. I've tried changing the LED in them but that doesn't make any difference. I'm guessing it's because it's run from a 12v power supply, but I know very little about leccy, so I could be wrong.

You could put a higher wattage lamp/LED in it that would make it brighter as long as it was 12v dc

Ah ok. I'll look into it. Have you got a link to something that will work on maplin? There's one around the corner from me, so I could pick one up.

I've noticed before if it lights up or not on mine.

I do know that if you press it while its already running, its makes a terrible noise.

I've noticed before if it lights up or not on mine.

I do know that if you press it while its already running, its makes a terrible noise.

:lol:

It's the same as turning your key back to stage 3, it re-engages the starter motor...

Never tried it in my FN2, which I think does light up by the way. With the lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
my s2000 button lights up and is dimmer aswell. it uses the same bulb that is in the hazard switch.

:lol:

It's the same as turning your key back to stage 3, it re-engages the starter motor...

Never tried it in my FN2, which I think does light up by the way. With the lights.

It doesn't re-engaged the starter on the FN, i've tried it... :lol:

As for lighting up, the writing lights up red before you start the engine and once started it slowly fades out which is a nice touch imo. :) It does this lights on or off.

LOL, Mine has 3 wires, is it wired using a relay? from memory i think there is a ground, phase/live in and then a trigger out for the relay. It is defiantly a genuine Honda one as well.

I can pull the gear stick surround off and take a few pics if you like if it would be of any help?

really generous offer andy! if your doing any work and can take a couple of pics then i'd really appreciate it but don't go molesting your dash just for a few pics lol

They do light up, but as already stated they are very dim. I've tried changing the LED in them but that doesn't make any difference. I'm guessing it's because it's run from a 12v power supply, but I know very little about leccy, so I could be wrong.

hey bud, thats odd because the LEDs i've put in my switches are really bright (and there red)

It doesn't re-engaged the starter on the FN, i've tried it... :lol:

As for lighting up, the writing lights up red before you start the engine and once started it slowly fades out which is a nice touch imo. :) It does this lights on or off.

thats a pretty neat trick... when i get mine i'm going to wire it to the side lights but i might pop in a variable resistor (think thats what its called?) so the light "pulses" like on an aston... where there is a will there is a way to mod!... just need to buy a button now!

Back