• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

do i need a scuttle plate insert for a tegiwa box??

as above really... iv searched for this but cant find anything really!! but i do find is people having trouble with theirs... so im just about to order my box now... do i need the insert for it??

thanks

What do you mean by insert? Scoop? or modified scuttle panel. You certainly need the latter.

People have been running systems without the scoop, but I personally wouldn't.

well on the tegiwa website... it asks if you would like to add a 'scuttle plate insert' for extra £25... i assume it should come with the scoop! this is what is confusing me! this scuttle plate could be a scuttle panel??

to be honest mate i wouldnt bother, i myself bought a tegiwa air intake about a week ago and just modded my own scuttle panel that way it will be rattle free. i would imagine the scuttle they suppy is much the same as the one supplied by GM and will be really "rattely" if there is such a word hah there is plenty of info on here on how to modify your own scuttle :)

ok mate... ** get it ordered now!! yeah i have seen the guide on how to modify it... same guide as the GM isit? did you find it difficult?? how long roughly did it take you to do mate?

if I were in your shoes now I would just send it off to simon bell, he is on CTRO under the username Simonb or you can email him at [email protected]. he will mod your scuttle for you for the small sum of £26.50, will save you alot of time, money and effort, as I spent around £40 alone on the tools and things required to do it! and it took me a good 4 hours in total! hah the kit is easy enough to fit however there are no instructions. just takes some common sense and mechanical thinking

yeah iv seen him and tbh it would be brilliant if i could.... but i cant find a spare scuttle about... may post in the wanted section now! if it comes down to it... ** do it myself... iv probably got all the tools for it as im a carpenter, im pretty sure i got some body filler here too

this is the insert

TI_SCUTTLE_INSERT.jpg

if you look on there website it goes in the void i e: what u cut out from the scuttle were most fiberglass.

hope this helps click on there guide and look at the last 3 pictures you will see what i mean.

Back