• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do Luck braided brake lines

Hey Guys..

As mentioned to Dotty..Anyone with DL Brake line issues should contact us - Supplier would usually be the first stop for any problems - I've not heard from anyone with a complaint or anything which is why I am a little confused that there are so many issues with the lines? Granted they are only 66 quid so maybe some people wouldnt want the hassle of contacting the supplier..But I certainly would..66 quid is a quarter of the way towards a pair of Uggs for me ;)

I have these fitted to my FN2 ( As with most things that I sell , I like to have knowledge and an opinion of using it myself before selling to others) with no problems or issues - I carry my extremely precious little daughter frequently up and down the motorway in my car , and as any parent will know, a childs safety comes above and beyond anything else - I certainly wouldnt put my babygirl at risk just for the sake of saying that I have something fitted to sell a few more!! Total confidence in my lines .

The plastic sheath on those lines looks as though it couldve weathered (which can happen with anything over time ) Or could have possibly been snagged. I must stress that the likelihood of a faliure of these lines is extremely extremely minimal ,we have been selling these for years - Bad/Incorrect fitting will obviously have an impact as with anything so please bear in mind that something like this should be fitted by a professional.

So anyone with any probs - Shout - I am supposed to be enjoying a week off work this week , however if duty calls then so be it ..as always , I am here to help if needed :) Email is best caroline(at)sumopower.com - As its the school hols I'll no doubt be causing havoc on a swing somewhere with my bubba so if you have to wait a few hours for a response that'll be why
Caroline

Cheers for coming on here on your week off Caz, I bought them as I had never read anything bad about the lines in the time I have been on the forums. I can only assume that both lines exploding at the same time was due to a shoddy workman and fitting procedure.. I do agree that the plastic sheath on the pics looks like it has been pinched. I am sure my lines are fine (but obviously when you read things and have a Ring/spa track days booked the thing you really want is brakes!) and Tom (TGM) would have mentioned if there were any fitment issues etc.Cheers.

Never heard of a problem with Do-Luck lines. Heard of the Goodridge one's problems and also the HEL one's being too short.... But never heard a problem with the DL's.

If it helps, I had DL lines on my Satin EP3, 2 years they have been on now, still perfect.

And my JDM has them on and they have been on there since import in 2009. Still perfect in every way.

Nothing wrong with DL lines. Poorly fitted in my opinion from the problems mentioned in here.

Back