• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Do you still get scared??

Hi everyone

After 2 days of ownership i was wondering if anyone out there still gets scared by the sheer power this car delivers? I know this is probably because im new to the car but i just cant believe the speeds you can reach in such little time. You have to respect this car or it WILL bite you back.
The first time i VTEC'd off a slip road on the A14 i just couldnt believe it....i was shacking and full of adrenaline...it was such a rush and very addictive.

Anyway what are your thoughts.

Ed

still wary in the wet/damp

Just keep an eye on the speedo as it's easy to suddlny find yourself going far too fast

I think when i get used to it i will be fine...its just that i went from a Pug 106 (no laughing :lol: ) which had 75bhp to a CTR. I was lost for words and had my GF next to me screaming with her head in her hands!!

Its a piece of art ladies & gentlemen

Oh and I was careful driving home last night in the thunderstorms....fook me they were good :lol:

I had the same power hike going from my '95 Modeo TD to the Evo VI (ok, slightly more of a hike) but it was so powerful I respected it from the moment my arse was planted on the seat! 8)

Few months later though it was beign well and truly ragged 8) :lol:

Gotta say I'm well used to it now, but it never fails to put a massive grin on my face! :D :D 8)

I dont get the same adrenaline rush i used to when i vtec but its different, as i feel im in much more control of the car now i feel i can do a lot more with it.

changes but more power would be nice

I get scared when i let my mates drive it and they drive it so much harder than i do ! :evil:

Give me an extra 100hp and I might be more interested again :twisted:

Interesting thread and I'm glad you made it.

I had a '52 CTR last year and was driving faster and faster up until I finally got caught by the old bill and was issued a £60 fine and 3 points.

I decided to change the car for a sport (for many reasons) which I had for about six months.

Last week I swapped back to a CTR and was really amazed with the sheer power from the engine. I was a bit scared and completely bottled it at 100.

I've been driving it all week and clocked 350miles. I'm getting to the point where VTEC and 100mph simply offers me no thrills and I want more and more.

I have decided to completely drop back and keep it under 4k for the next 50-100miles. Hopefully, when I go back to VTEC it will offer me the same thrills it did the first time.

I don't want to get back to the point where I'm driving like a bl00dy fool trying to get some fix.

Im bored of 300bhp now... need more! Im thinking Greddy twin turbo kit on the 350Z should be good for 450bhp :twisted:

sirdrinksalot said:
i was wondering if anyone out there still gets scared by the sheer power this car delivers?

It's not a supercar :lol:

Seriously though, you'll get used to it soon enough and you'll probably want more :twisted: :twisted:

Bored with the power if anything.

Try the power of a motorbike - now thats an adrenaline rush! :twisted: Thinking of investing in another.

The CTR IMO doesn't like being thrown about like the French hot hatches, you need to drive it more, try and hussle it and it can get a bit ragged

glen8 said:
Interesting thread and I'm glad you made it.

I had a '52 CTR last year and was driving faster and faster up until I finally got caught by the old bill and was issued a £60 fine and 3 points.

I decided to change the car for a sport (for many reasons) which I had for about six months.

Last week I swapped back to a CTR and was really amazed with the sheer power from the engine. I was a bit scared and completely bottled it at 100.

I've been driving it all week and clocked 350miles. I'm getting to the point where VTEC and 100mph simply offers me no thrills and I want more and more.

I have decided to completely drop back and keep it under 4k for the next 50-100miles. Hopefully, when I go back to VTEC it will offer me the same thrills it did the first time.

I don't want to get back to the point where I'm driving like a bl00dy fool trying to get some fix.

i know what you mean about it being enough to begin with but its becomes numb after a while and you need something quicker.

i went for a test drive in an FQ330 at the weekend that would be my next level of fix :twisted:

that is an insane car :D

problem is where to get the next level of fix after evo FQ......maybe a ferrari F1 racer?

You do get used to the power and like people have said you start to crave the next level of fix.

Having said that I don't know what you guys think but I definetly don't drive as quickly as I used to - must be getting old :lol:

Back