• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does any one Know how to programme my honda keyfob?

I have the following keyfob but it will not programme to my car even though it is the keyfob that came with my car. The other style key fobs which two of my mates have program just fine. Is there a different way to program these ones?

I have attached the photo of my key fob

Attachments

• photo (6)..jpg
    photo (6)..jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 132
take it you tried the method thats on the internet,
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080607091525AAPGLY8

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
2. Press the LOCK button.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the Off position, marked I.

Do this three times!

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

I've tried this mate.. ive tried this on two different fobs which are like mine and they wont program but the other style fob which are on typre rs from 03 onwards seem to work and program just fine. I have two friends with the new style fob and they worked just the way when programming it using the method above. I wonder if there is a different way to do it. On my fob if I try the method holding down the lock button for one second before releasing it and then going back to OFF position on the ignition, my alarm goes off!

What year is your car?

That keyfob is from the earlier alarm Honda used (cant remember who made it now) which isn't compatible with Honda's own alarm system which was fitted to cars from 2003 onwards.

mine is from 2002 which uses the H&P alarms. I have attached the photo of the fob above. However when trying to program my friends HONDA fob to it which is the 2003 model and a different bigger fob that coded just fine.

Back