• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does anyone know where the starter motor is on an ep3?

lol... looking directly over the engine even with a flash light i cant figure out where it is, I guess I may have to take the inlet manifold off but I do not want to make unecessary work for myself. I've looked with accordance to the picture you posted but it just seems like there nothing there, even under the inlet manifold. And its not as though the starter motor is a small object. Its pretty meaty! I know because I have the replacement part here! lol

9-2a38.gif

now get cracking sunny jim, whilst you're at it get some photo's and post a how to thread :)

hahahaha defo! i might even do this tomorrow as it seems pretty simple... By the photo provided by rf55 it looks like the motor goes in the bracket in black 1 inch below the actual marking. You can identify this is for the starter due to the two bolt holes on each opposite corner which matches the location on the actual starter motor! thank you all once again! I love tro!

By the photo provided by rf55 it looks like the motor goes in the bracket in black 1 inch below the actual marking. You can identify this is for the starter due to the two bolt holes on each opposite corner which matches the location on the actual starter motor!

the two black things below the blue circle, one is the clutch slave cylinder and clutch fork, the other is the engine mount.

the starter motor is exactly where the dot is in the middle of the blue circle :)

aaahhh ok so just under the inlet mani... ok just by looking at the images... the inlet mani has a gasket.... does the inlet manifold have to be torqued?

all torque setting are on the diagram ;)

but doing them up tight by hand usually works :)

Griffin, wat are the chances of the gasket getting damaged? i thought about this again today and actually raised the car on axle stands to see if there was any access from underneath and it does not look clear even if i took of the splash guard. What you reckon best angle over the top? I'm worried bout gasket getting damaged, leaks in the intake system. What are your thoughts

Could always take front bumper & radiator off ? but if you have AC then its harder ?

I would unbolt the manifold and gingerly pry and wriggle the manifold by the manifold itself until it is free, hopefully the gasket stays intact.

Just don't pry it from the gasket area with a screw driver or ding the gasket whilst it's off.

If you do damage it then a new one is only a tenner from lings.

http://www.lings.com/
Part number: 17055pna004

There are uprated PTFE gaskets available that give a slight power increase that are worth replacing whilst the manifold is off for £30.

http://www.google.co.uk/m/url?clien...gwgwCw&usg=AFQjCNGb1JPrWAfFZjgCwBB23giMY3g7hw

As long as you're carful,it'll be fine :)

Ok manifold was a b*tch to get off but I got a bigger problem. The knock sensor was loose Wen disconnecting the cable and the green part separated from the rest of the sensor. So I'm screwed! The gasket was perfect. I had to order s new knock sensor from lings as everyone else didn't stock it. Set me back another 100 or so. :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bad news mate :(. At least you fixed the starter motor, how did the sensor break?

Back