• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does size matter?

Replacing rear anti roll bar soon but before I do what are the benefits of upgrading to 22mm over 24mm diameter?

Is the 24mm worth the extra cash?

If you're changing the anti roll bar anyway, you may as well get a thicker one. To me, it's one of those modifications that on its own you probably wouldn't notice a great deal of difference but combined with other modifications like FRSU and lowering springs you start to feel the benefits more.

You will notice the difference straight away, but it really depends as no one can answer that question for you. It's all down to driving style and personal preference. Some people might like the stiff rear ends and corner exit oversteer, some people prefer to be cautious.

I've been told that a large front anti-roll bar on the EP3 is a great upgrade as it gives sharper turn in, but at this moment I don't want to spend £200 on a progress 27mm bar for it to take away the handling effect I like.

What anti-roll bar do you have on at the moment? Stock? JDM?
What brand of bars are you looking at? Progress do a 22mm and a 24mm, but only the 24mm is adjustable, so might suit a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I noticed the difference when I fitted the 22mm jdm rear arb and uprated droplinks. The rear end roll on hard cornering seems to have vanished, plus when the back end comes out (on that odd occasion) it's much more controlled.

I think going to 24mm may encourage the back end to come out compromising the handling a on a standard set up, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's not correct.

Running stock atm. My choices are down to 2, JDM 22mm or Tegiwa 24mm with tie bar. Progress a little too expensive.
The Tegiwa is ahead because not only for the benefits it will give but it also looks very nice.
Also going to to drop it 15mm, would do 30 but for all the bloody speed bumps about.

Thanks for your advice.

I have to say I noticed the difference when I fitted the 22mm jdm rear arb and uprated droplinks. The rear end roll on hard cornering seems to have vanished, plus when the back end comes out (on that odd occasion) it's much more controlled.

I think going to 24mm may encourage the back end to come out compromising the handling a on a standard set up, I'm sure someone will correct me if that's not correct.
Yeah the thicker you go at the back the more it'll encourage oversteer. Thinking of getting the JDM one for mine and leaving the front as is. Did a similar set up on my old MB6 and coupled with Meister R coilovers and good tyres it handed really well!

Back