• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does the Cam (Rocker) Cover have a gasket?

Hey guys

i want to paint my rocker/cam cover before i re-fit my K20... but i don't fancy taking it off only to learn that i need to order a gasket or something to put it back on

do i need one? if so where should i go to get one :)

also is there a how-to on removing it? i've never messed with a K20 and i believe the 'Tec voodoo is all under the cover and i don't fancy braking anything!

Yeah it has one but it's a plastic one that probably won't need replacing. Cheap as chips too..

Yeah it has one but it's a plastic one that probably won't need replacing. Cheap as chips too..

I wish! It's like £18 for that silly little bit of rubber from Honda!

Clean up your one that's on there and use some decent sealant when re-fitting and it will be fine :)

I wish! It's like £18 for that silly little bit of rubber from Honda!

Clean up your one that's on there and use some decent sealant when re-fitting and it will be fine :)

allot cheaper than a Rover gasket ;) lol

and after spending several thousands i reckon £18 is cheap enough

is there a how-to anywhere just so i don't damage anything :)

^^ Don't worry, he's a Scot, if it's not free, to him it's expensive. :lol:

^^ Don't worry, he's a Scot, if it's not free, to him it's expensive. :lol:

ahhhhh.... thats it then lol

i was surprised to read that actually... in the MG world a "that will do" approach is pretty common... my old ZRs engine was held together with silicone, gasket gum and blind hope

but a new rover K series engine is £50 (or often as not if your in the clubs free!)

where as a K20 is a good £1500.00 worth of motor so im bloody surprised to see the same attitude lol

Back